Bulletin Board Material

First off, I am extremely proud of Frost stepping up and calling it like he sees it.  A BS call on the powers that be that had no plan....I am not a "bulletin board" believer, but read this and got pi$$ed. (The current truth hurts when others say it)  It also fired me up.  Talked about NU becoming the villain......Wearing a black hat.......Set that chip on your shoulder.  You have more time for the weight room, film room, more time to get bigger, faster, stronger.....Come out next season a rip some peoples heads off.........I'd have the words below written on every wall, every mirror in the locker room and weight room.....Warren just unleashed a beast on the B1G.  The best thing?  He doesn't even know it......

You want to see the attitude and culture Frost wants?  You just saw it in his defiance of the B1G.....HELL YEA.  Pass me the kool-aid.

The Big Ten offered Nebraska a lifeline in 2011, during conference realignment, when infighting made it look like the Big 12 could dissolve. 

The Huskers have rewarded the Big Ten with a mediocre (and getting worse) on-field product and now ... this? 

Ohio State complaining is one thing. Nebraska? At least Rutgers and Maryland knew their place. 

Lately, Nebraska had become just a date on the schedule. Schools that struggle to sell tickets (Illinois, Indiana, etc.) liked them because the Big Red traveling army of fans would fill the stands and parking lots. The league’s traditional powers, meanwhile, got an aging brand they could beat handily. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-nebraskas-failed-attempt-to-revolt-was-still-a-good-ploy-172439997.html

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Warren just conduct the meeting?  He didn't vote did he?  I think he's taking way more heat than he deserves. 

And that's before Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren told Yahoo Sports that Nebraska wouldn’t be playing anywhere this fall “and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.” 

This whole sh!t show rests with the man at the top.....Why release a schedule and then change your mind?  I have no idea.

• Plus1 2

You didn't really think the B1G was simply going to let Nebraska go cowboying off on their own with no repercussions did you?  It's your right to blame him for everything, but he wasn't the one doing the voting.  How different was that vote than let's say a little over two decades ago when the Big 12 was formed?  We were on the outside looking in then, and we are still on the outside looking in. 

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

You didn't really think the B1G was simply going to let Nebraska go cowboying off on their own with no repercussions did you?  It's your right to blame him for everything, but he wasn't the one doing the voting.  How different was that vote than let's say a little over two decades ago when the Big 12 was formed?  We were on the outside looking in then, and we are still on the outside looking in. 

I wasn't just NU, but like Texass, no one will dare speak ill of OSU......

I hated the "merger"....I think with this fallout, some conferences playing (possibly) and others not, we will see more talk of super conferences in the future.  

i was afraid this would play wrong, still am.  Now we have a target on our back, kind of like talkin trash, which usually helps your opponent.

next fight is spring or fall schedule, physically too demanding to do both, risk rises for guys that will definitely go to the NFL.

it will take a year to recover from this dumpster fire.

“...Nebraska is the new villain of its new conference, one that the establishment can mock and root against. The Big Ten offered Nebraska a lifeline in 2011, during conference realignment, when infighting made it look like the Big 12 could dissolve. The Huskers have rewarded the Big Ten with a mediocre (and getting worse) on-field product and now ... this?”

So, for however long The Red are part of “THE” Big 10 (get it?), they must be thankful and submissive and sit meekly in the back of League meetings and speak only when spoken to? And the Huskers have to apologize for being “mediocre”, too? So the Big 10 Powers That Be would not be complaining if The Red came into the conference and had knocked them all half way to Tuscaloosa? 

Nebraska is not now nor will likely ever get any respect from the rest of the Conference.

It was unfortunate that the Husker football program slipped from where it used to be. It was unfortunate that the Big 12 was/is shaky and always on the verge of breaking up. It is unfortunate that Lincoln didn’t hold the sway and influence that those in Austin do during the Big 12 days. But The Red also don’t hold the sway and influence of the old Rust Belt State universities, either.

Husker faithful have been loyal and frustrated for 20 years. Nobody asked for things to develop as they did. But this is where things stand.

This was all a marriage of convenience. The Big 10 might have thought they were getting the Nebraska of old and are showing frustration that “they didn’t get what they paid/ are paying for”. The Huskers are showing frustration of learning about how they are viewed by others in the Conference.

This all seems to be a simmering pot. Nothing is going to happen for a while because too many things in the world are uncertain. But something is brewing under the surface and has bubbled up for all to see. The only sensible course is to keep exploring all options and looking for the right opportunity a better fit for the future.

The Huskers have a bright future. Somewhere. 

• Plus1 2

"Most intriguing, though, Nebraska is the new villain of its new conference, one that the establishment can mock and root against."

"Ohio State complaining is one thing. Nebraska? At least Rutgers and Maryland knew their place. "

Seriously, wtf am I reading? We just tried to see if we could still play some games; we definitely didn't complain and I don't understand how anything that Frost or Moos said would make us anybody's 'villains.'

"Look at those ***holes at Nebraska..."  lmao

• Plus1 5
22 minutes ago, Undone said:

Seriously, wtf am I reading? We just tried to see if we could still play some games; we definitely didn't complain and I don't understand how anything that Frost or Moos said would make us anybody's 'villains.'

You aren't. At least I don't think Ohio State fans think you are a villain. Welcome to the B1G, for some reason the media likes to beat up on B1G teams. I just take it as you are relevant enough for the media to talk about. I also wouldn't put too much into what media members like Howard and Wilbon say about you, they crap on OSU all the time too. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
27 minutes ago, Undone said:

Somebody's still butt hurt over the past. Kick em while they're down. 

We do have an inflated sense of self importance still from once being at the very top, that's true. It's also true that we still live in people like Desmond and Wilbon's heads. They wouldn't care enough to freak out if that wasn't true. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, lo country said:

First off, I am extremely proud of Frost stepping up and calling it like he sees it.  A BS call on the powers that be that had no plan....I am not a "bulletin board" believer, but read this and got pi$$ed. (The current truth hurts when others say it)  It also fired me up.  Talked about NU becoming the villain......Wearing a black hat.......Set that chip on your shoulder.  You have more time for the weight room, film room, more time to get bigger, faster, stronger.....Come out next season a rip some peoples heads off.........I'd have the words below written on every wall, every mirror in the locker room and weight room.....Warren just unleashed a beast on the B1G.  The best thing?  He doesn't even know it......

You want to see the attitude and culture Frost wants?  You just saw it in his defiance of the B1G.....HELL YEA.  Pass me the kool-aid.

The Big Ten offered Nebraska a lifeline in 2011, during conference realignment, when infighting made it look like the Big 12 could dissolve. 

The Huskers have rewarded the Big Ten with a mediocre (and getting worse) on-field product and now ... this? 

Ohio State complaining is one thing. Nebraska? At least Rutgers and Maryland knew their place. 

Lately, Nebraska had become just a date on the schedule. Schools that struggle to sell tickets (Illinois, Indiana, etc.) liked them because the Big Red traveling army of fans would fill the stands and parking lots. The league’s traditional powers, meanwhile, got an aging brand they could beat handily. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-nebraskas-failed-attempt-to-revolt-was-still-a-good-ploy-172439997.html

Sad to say, but we are an afterthought in the college football world.  Even the light weights have been using us as a rug.  Frost had his chance to come in guns a blazing and start a new chapter in the program that everyone would respect.  That opportunity has come and gone.  First Frost shot off at the mouth along with Moos before a game was even played.  Then we went through two years of humiliating losses and no bowl games.  Now Scott and Bill threaten to schedule games this fall after the season cancellation announcement and then immediately run for the hills.  Anytime that Scotty and Billy have anything to claim going forward should be met with an eye roll and a sigh.  All bark and no bite. 

• Fire 1
48 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Sad to say, but we are an afterthought in the college football world.  Even the light weights have been using us as a rug.  Frost had his chance to come in guns a blazing and start a new chapter in the program that everyone would respect.  That opportunity has come and gone.  First Frost shot off at the mouth along with Moos before a game was even played.  Then we went through two years of humiliating losses and no bowl games.  Now Scott and Bill threaten to schedule games this fall after the season cancellation announcement and then immediately run for the hills.  Anytime that Scotty and Billy have anything to claim going forward should be met with an eye roll and a sigh.  All bark and no bite. 

Moos said tonight that they couldn't play this season as it wasn't "cancelled", but delayed.  

I agree that Frost needs to deliver.  Thus far, a pitbull bark with a pekinese bite.....I like the fact he came out fighting for the kids. I think this resonates with football players....We haven't been relative since 2001 (had a chance in 2009).  This issue today hasn't hurt the NU brand at all IMHO.  If anything, again IMHO, it improves it.

Maybe the whole mistake was firing Frank, or Bo.  Cally and Mike had to go.  Maybe it started when we left the Big XII......The only kind of bad publicity is no publicity.....

I like what he did.  

1 hour ago, jaws said:

You aren't. At least I don't think Ohio State fans think you are a villain. Welcome to the B1G, for some reason the media likes to beat up on B1G teams. I just take it as you are relevant enough for the media to talk about. I also wouldn't put too much into what media members like Howard and Wilbon say about you, they crap on OSU all the time too. 

We have to remember that Disney owns the SEC network. They have a vested interest in chaos in their competitors.

They are a necessary evil until the BTN takes over the college sports broadcasting world. Until then, we have to stick together.

• Plus1 3
20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We have to remember that Disney owns the SEC network. They have a vested interest in chaos in their competitors.

They are a necessary evil until the BTN takes over the college sports broadcasting world. Until then, we have to stick together.

The more people realize this, the clearer the picture becomes. It really is all about money, notoriety, and power.

Disney is an ultra powerful media magnate that has reaches far deeper than we could ever imagine. Their influence has heavily tipped the scale towards the SEC for years.

• Plus1 1