What will you be doing on Saturdays this Fall??

4 hours ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

I am going to grab my old Cyclone jersey and helmet...drive to Lincoln on some snowy Saturday afternoon...sneak into Memorial stadium...line up on the 50...throw myself a quick slant then sprint over the goal line and spike the ball yelling "In your face Father Time!"  I will then go get a Runza and push random old people down on the sidewalk...and maybe kick a puppy.

Grab an old Husker jersey, wait for Cy to show up, intercept his slant pass, run 10 yards, get a cramp, hobble another 5 yards, look back and hope Cy is in as bad a shape as I am, and limp my way and fall across the goal line. Then I will spike the ball (if I get up),  and shout "Cyclones still can't beat us!".  I will go to Val's for pizza and beer, sharing with Cy.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

Grab an old Husker jersey, wait for Cy to show up, intercept his slant pass, run 10 yards, get a cramp, hobble another 5 yards, look back and hope Cy is in as bad a shape as I am, and limp my way and fall across the goal line. Then I will spike the ball (if I get up),  and shout "Cyclones still can't beat us!".  I will go to Val's for pizza and beer, sharing with Cy.  

You forgot the part where you fumble for absolutely no reason at the 10 and you fall out of bounds.  You attempt to recover the ball again at the 1, but Cy gets there first. You go on to fumble 7 more times, losing 5. Cy escapes with a 2 point victory. 

12 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

You guys are both wrong.  Cy's definitely popping an Achilles when he goes into his cut and Glen is tearing ACL/PCL/MCL in both knees trying to cover Cy.

No Soup For You – Moving Autism Forward by Team TACA

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I will be riding my mountain bike in Crested Butte, Colorado this coming week, then down to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon to ride Rainbow Rim Trail, back to Navajo Lake, Utah to ride the Virgin River Rim Trail, Thunder Mountain, Dark Hollow and a few others.  One month of the season will be over..   Back to St George, for World Senior games in mid October.  Will ride close to 500 miles in the mountains on this trip.  Will hardly ever see another human being, other than the five old geezers going with me.  

Then, as it gets colder here in SoCal, I will work on my model railroad to keep me busy.

I really do not feel like I will be missing much. .   I want to see the teams at full strength, and for what ever reason, illness or political, I doubt that would have been the case.  Can wait until next.

I feel sorry for all the vendors, the bar owners, hotels and the like.  And especially the kids. Not so much for us fans.

As the Mastodon says.  Life goes on, we need to enjoy it,

no matter what it takes.  No basement for me. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1