I'm Banned! I'm banned?

image.thumb.png.b09fdda59b4483b781f2c9cefcc2b43c.png

So I have been trying out browsers recently because Google AD's and analytics have become overly intrusive and aggravating.  For some reason Opera gives me a banned message when I try to visit this website.   What's up with that?  I can get to huskerboard on google chrome/brave and safari but not opera.  Weird.    

image.png

4 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

So I have been trying out browsers recently because Google AD's and analytics have become overly intrusive and aggravating.  For some reason Opera gives me a banned message when I try to visit this website.   What's up with that?  I can get to huskerboard on google chrome/brave and safari but not opera.  Weird.    

My guess would be you somehow picked up a banned IP address but that shouldn't change just because you switched browsers.

But just to be sure can you go to whatismyip.com in Opera and let me know what it says?

I reset my router and modem not too long ago and was playing with proxy server settings and network settings and I think I ended up with a new external IP.   It shows banned on a couple of sites as a dynamic IP address.  I have run malwaware,bitdefender and avast free software and I didn't find any virus or malware.  I did have my email highjacked awhile back as I stupidly posted my resume online with it but think I have that cleared up?  I will try and reset that stuff again or the next week or so when I have time.   I can't remember my router password and don't want to reset it again.    Going to delete the opera browser.  Not sure what's the deal with that.   Thanks for your response.  

On 8/16/2020 at 10:22 PM, Mavric said:

I don't know that you necessarily need to reset it.  If you can just tell me what the IP is I'll see if I can get it cleared out (if that's what the issue is).

Mav - I  deleted Opera and I am moving on.  I don't want to put you towards any trouble.  I do appreciate the  offer but hate sharing stuff about my address and what not so will respectfully decline further follow up.    Don't want Warren after you. 

Chamberlain - I have to confess I am one who subscribes to the google conspiracy theory that they are evil.  It started years ago when I was try to get hurricane news.  When I typed in national hurricane center it would not return the NHC site on the first page of the results or the 2nd.   I got 3 pages of New York Times,  Guardian and some other news agencies of a similar bent before it would list the NHC.  Something seriously wrong there!   I still use google chrome though so what does that say?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, flatwaterfan said:

Mav - I  deleted Opera and I am moving on.  I don't want to put you towards any trouble.  I do appreciate the  offer but hate sharing stuff about my address and what not so will respectfully decline further follow up.    Don't want Warren after you. 

Chamberlain - I have to confess I am one who subscribes to the google conspiracy theory that they are evil.  It started years ago when I was try to get hurricane news.  When I typed in national hurricane center it would not return the NHC site on the first page of the results or the 2nd.   I got 3 pages of New York Times,  Guardian and some other news agencies of a similar bent before it would list the NHC.  Something seriously wrong there!   I still use google chrome though so what does that say?

Well this is one of those conspiracies in broad daylight. Companies pay Google a bunch of money, and Google puts them at the top of the Results for specific search keywords.

If you type in the name of a restaurant, you'll get hijacked to Door Dash, Grub Hub and Menu.com websites. For any hospitality business, you'll get a page of Yelp reviews before they list the actual business website. First half dozen results of any Google search are typically Sponsored. Some companies pay for keywords that have little to do with their business. 

It's hard to decide who to hate more, Google or Amazon. At the moment I think Jeff Bezos is more dangerous. 

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well this is one of those conspiracies in broad daylight. Companies pay Google a bunch of money, and Google puts them at the top of the Results for specific search keywords.

If you type in the name of a restaurant, you'll get hijacked to Door Dash, Grub Hub and Menu.com websites. For any hospitality business, you'll get a page of Yelp reviews before they list the actual business website. First half dozen results of any Google search are typically Sponsored. Some companies pay for keywords that have little to do with their business. 

It's hard to decide who to hate more, Google or Amazon. At the moment I think Jeff Bezos is more dangerous. 

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Also you may be right about Amazon.