Nebraska parents letter

40 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

i would guess this will have a negative effect on future recruiting, if the conferences that play make it through the season?

thoughts?

I'm unsure of a significant recruiting impact. I think it definitely hurts in the short term to not be able to bring students to a gameday atmosphere, but we'll probably have a vaccine by this time next year, so the "will they even play?" question will likely become moot sooner than later.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The other NU is now on board.

So, what schools parents haven't sent a letter yet?  I know I saw a list not too long ago and I can't find it.

We now have a majority of the parents want the kids to play.  The players want to play.  The ADs want to play.

But....one guy is standing in the way and he's falling back on a vote of the Presidents that maybe was a vote....or....maybe not.

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, what schools parents haven't sent a letter yet?  I know I saw a list not too long ago and I can't find it.

We now have a majority of the parents want the kids to play.  The players want to play.  The ADs want to play.

But....one guy is standing in the way and he's falling back on a vote of the Presidents that maybe was a vote....or....maybe not.

Yes its unfortunate and, given how important football is to the BIG, I have a feeling that the dam is about to break if a reversal is not made or if Warren does not step down.  THe BIG has many players who have invested their entire lives to get the chance to play on a big stage with the hopes of making it even bigger in the NFL as part of their "career path."   THis really comes down to choice and personal freedom to make choices on the risks a person is willing to accept, and it sounds like many of the players and their parents are willing to have their sons take such a risk.  

On a side note, I think it is strategically smart to have a mom (Mrs. McCaffrey) being a leading voice pushing this issue and I hope she continues to be a key voice. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, again, if the Presidents & Chancellors wanted football, Warren isn't able to stand in their way. So it's not just him. It may also be him, but the majority of those P's & C's are backing him. 

Which makes me wonder if these parents aren't directing their focus in the wrong place. If they really want answers, they should go to the source - the heads of these institutions.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So what is the lawyer's next step?  

A couple possibilities, one being filing an open records request lawsuit - but that would be against the University of Nebraska. Another possibility is to file for injunctive relief. However, the major weakness I see of injunctive relief is the underlying claims aren't iron clad and an important element to achieve injunctive relief is to show it is more likely than not that the moving party will prevail on the underlying merits. The best underlying claim would likely be some sort of breach of contract or interference with contract (the contract being the student athletes scholarship and/or NIL). I suppose there are other claims that could be made as well.  

Just now, knapplc said:

Well, again, if the Presidents & Chancellors wanted football, Warren isn't able to stand in their way. So it's not just him. It may also be him, but the majority of those P's & C's are backing him. 

Which makes me wonder if these parents aren't directing their focus in the wrong place. If they really want answers, they should go to the source - the heads of these institutions.

Well I think they may eventually get there, but they are starting with the person who delivered the message that there would be no fall season.  He is the one that communicated the message, and it's up to him now to either push back on the Presidents and Chancellors or remove himself from the picture and have the Presidents get involved directly.  I personally think the Presidents are wanting to hide behind their decision and are using Warren as a scapegoat.  

Whatever happens, its pretty cool to see all the players and parents from so many schools banding together to fight for what they believe in.

• Plus1 4

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

I personally think the Presidents are wanting to hide behind their decision and are using Warren as a scapegoat.  

Same.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Whatever happens, its pretty cool to see all the players and parents from so many schools banding together to fight for what they believe in.

Agreed. 

33 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well I think they may eventually get there, but they are starting with the person who delivered the message that there would be no fall season.  He is the one that communicated the message, and it's up to him now to either push back on the Presidents and Chancellors or remove himself from the picture and have the Presidents get involved directly.  I personally think the Presidents are wanting to hide behind their decision and are using Warren as a scapegoat.  

I agree with this, especially the bolded.

But...he should be forwarding all the letters he's receiving to the Presidents.  They should be feeling the heat too.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree with this, especially the bolded.

But...he should be forwarding all the letters he's receiving to the Presidents.  They should be feeling the heat too.

I'm sure they are seeing everything.  I would imagine throwing presidents under the bus would get him fired even faster.  Like I stated a couple weeks ago, hell of a situation that guy landed in.  I'm not sure he has a good course of action to take now that everything has been botched.    

• Plus1 1

I'm not sure how each university system is governed and to whom they are accountable to - Board of Regents, Governor, legislature.  It seems that if the presidents are hiding behind Warren's skirt, then it is time to write the  Board of Regents or other governing entity to get some movement.   Living in Okla, I don't have a representative I could yell at but it would seem to me that the governors of each state have an economy being affected by this B1G decision.  Governor should put pressure on the Regents who put pressure on the Chancellor and down the line until Warren is pinned against a wall and forced to either reinstate the season or provide proof why reinstatement would be the wrong path.    He's and the B1G conference & Presidents have lost credibility by posting a season schedule only to tell us they were kidding 6 days later.  

But what do I  know. They make the big bucks.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I'm sure they are seeing everything.  I would imagine throwing presidents under the bus would get him fired even faster.  Like I stated a couple weeks ago, hell of a situation that guy landed in.  I'm not sure he has a good course of action to take now that everything has been botched.    

Well, if everything we are saying is true, then it's a candy a$$ way of doing things by the Presidents.  Real leaders would be stepping up and making a statement or taking action and not leaving him out to dry.

• Plus1 1