Kevin Warren shows us why he's being dragged

knapplc

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's been EIGHT DAYS since Warren spoke, and this is the milktoast question they throw at him?

Good lord. No wonder we don't know anything. We finally get the guy in front of a mic again and don't ask him a good question.

Omg

Must have been set up prior to the conference, no questions. What a joke. Is this guy going to be given a pass by the main stream media? 

looked like cnns cuomo interviewing biden

or trump being interviewed by Hannity on fox

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's the video. 

Mr. Warren does not inspire the kind of confidence I would like to have in this conference.

He needs to go into politics, not sports. He used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

Wasnt there some article that explicitly detailed how this job is nothing more than a stepping stone for him to be commissioner of the NFL one day?  

You can't fake passion, enthusiasm, and conviction- this guy shows none of it because he doesnt care at the end of the day

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

Can't wait for the inevitable next step of a mass exodus of players to SEC, ACC, big12 schools so they can get their football fix. Gonna be quite the start to his legacy by not only fumbling this process but watch the actual source and talent of the product simply leave for places more advantageous to their future as a player.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's the video. 

Mr. Warren does not inspire the kind of confidence I would like to have in this conference.

He needs to go into politics, not sports. He used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

Incompetent -Poor communicator-said nothing to convince anyone of his position-No enthusiasm- no passion- no charisma 

Weak and bumbling, embarrassingly bad. 

That all resonates from someone who doesn’t believe in what he is selling. He made sure to mention George Floyd and other racial issues, when the issue at hand is how can we play and if not, why in great detail did you council not to play? 

appreciate the honesty of the op  

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Wasnt there some article that explicitly detailed how this job is nothing more than a stepping stone for him to be commissioner of the NFL one day?  

You can't fake passion, enthusiasm, and conviction- this guy shows none of it because he doesnt care at the end of the day

His behavior clearly shows he views this as a stepping stone to the nfl and is taking all the steps to insure that happens from a pr perspective. 

why else would he not consult other conferences about what they were doing or state his intentions to them? So he could get the glory of being first. Same for his extensive get out the vote and racial initiatives. All to build his nfl resume 

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

If he feared for his own son, why not hold his son out? Make it a personal decision not to play? 

his personal decision has been to allow his son to play, while banning a couple of thousand big12 players from playing or having the freedom to make the personal decision not to play 

im amazed at the amount of leeway  warren is getting. 

His son is a red shirt junior.  It's not like he can forbid his son from doing anything - he is an adult.  If you have kids in their late teens and early 20's you understand there are some dynamics involved that make it more complicated than you suggest.  A good father presents information, educates, offers suggestions and then allows their kids to make final decisions.  My guess is he would very much like his son to sit out but that's not his decision to make.      

11 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Can't wait for the inevitable next step of a mass exodus of players to SEC, ACC, big12 schools so they can get their football fix. Gonna be quite the start to his legacy by not only fumbling this process but watch the actual source and talent of the product simply leave for places more advantageous to their future as a player.

You'll just have to wait because it's not going to happen.

10 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

His son is a red shirt junior.  It's not like he can forbid his son from doing anything - he is an adult.  If you have kids in their late teens and early 20's you understand there are some dynamics involved that make it more complicated than you suggest.  A good father presents information, educates, offers suggestions and then allows their kids to make final decisions.  My guess is he would very much like his son to sit out but that's not his decision to make.      

Yes I’ve had kids in that age range. Yes you have to give them room but if I’m paying their way or even contributing and I fear for their safety, I’m going to call it. If he thinks our kids are in mortal danger enough to cancel the season, I’m guessing he feels his son is in mortal danger as well. 

while I’m paying your tuition, helping with expenses, cell phone, insurance etc: no piercings, tattoos or motorcycles. After that you’re on your own 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's the video. 

A lot of words, very little answers     - yes he needs to go into politics.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Lane Kiffen is already trying to grease the skids, saying that any Big Ten/Pac 12 athlete should be allowed to transfer without penalty.

In today’s transfer portal students rights  climate, perfectly reasonable to float the idea kids should be able to transfer now.