Kevin Warren shows us why he's being dragged

knapplc

20 hours ago, krc1995 said:

So the AD’s needed to go through Warren to communicate to their own universities?  How dysfunctional is that?

That's the part I don't get about all of this. Moos says that the ADs were unanimous in wanting football. So even if the lines of communication within the conference weren't as open as they should have been, how did we end up with an apparent majority of ADs not being on the same page with their own bosses? Were the presidents & chancellors not even thinking/talking about this until after they'd announced the schedule, or what?

10 minutes ago, Toe said:

That's the part I don't get about all of this. Moos says that the ADs were unanimous in wanting football. So even if the lines of communication within the conference weren't as open as they should have been, how did we end up with an apparent majority of ADs not being on the same page with their own bosses? Were the presidents & chancellors not even thinking/talking about this until after they'd announced the schedule, or what?

Because most university presidents don’t care about athletics until it becomes a legal or liability issue. Most of them want to stay hands off, until there is a negative aspect of it. Chancellor Perlman at UNL was so oblivious to athletics that Steve Pedersen went unchecked for years. Then Perlman got more involved with athletics when he thought Bo was become a negative image for the University. I know university system presidents and chancellors aren’t quite the same thing, but they usually act very similarly.

When it came to voting for the fall season, these university presidents are thinking “why should I ask the AD, I make the decisions for the university, this is a university decision, not an athletic department decision. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Or, you know, how to run a league.  He conducted himself poorly and, at a minimum, made himself look like an unprepared rookie in his interviews.  

We're all entitled to our opinions and I respect yours.  I just think given the gravity of the situation with so many unknowns regarding Covid at the time the season was cancelled (Not by Warren mind you...)  and still today me personally I ain't mad at him now and wasn't then.  At all.  If people want to waste their precious time being mad or upset with him still good for them I guess.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

We're all entitled to our opinions and I respect yours.  I just think given the gravity of the situation with so many unknowns regarding Covid at the time the season was cancelled (Not by Warren mind you...)  and still today me personally I ain't mad at him now and wasn't then.  At all.  If people want to waste their precious time being mad or upset with him still good for them I guess.

Fair enough.  I'm not sure it was so much his decision but rather how he allowed it all to be perceived.  The chain of events and the communication made the B1G look terrible.  Maybe that wasn't all on him though...  

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Fair enough.  I'm not sure it was so much his decision but rather how he allowed it all to be perceived.  The chain of events and the communication made the B1G look terrible.  Maybe that wasn't all on him though...  

Warren is doing what university presidents and chancellors are telling him to do.  They probably like that Warren is more willing to do what they say, compared to Jim Delany.  The lack of transparency and communication seems to be the Big Ten way of doing things, which is completely moronic and not something Nebraska is used to.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1