Big Ten Council of Presidents VOTED to postpone Fall sports

knapplc

50 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I had not considered this. I would be strongly inclined to decline any stupid spring season. If we start Thanksgiving or later I think it only handicaps us, or any B1G team, for the 2021 season. You hate to give up game experience but if you get a critical player injured in January or February, potential recovery time is significantly reduced.

Anyway, it's an interesting question what happens if some teams refuse whatever the B1G comes up with.

Same here. There are so many common injuries in football that take 6-12 months to recover from. If you get an ACL tear for instance you're missing this make up 2020 season and likely the 2021 season. A single injury could end two of these kids four seasons with what they're considering that's just wrong. 

• Plus1 1

I like the part where they say "The Big Ten Return to Competition Task Force will continue to be transparent as it actively considers options to get back to competition.." - I have some doubts about how much they're actively considering options, and claiming they have been and will be transparent is a joke. We've had to resort to random wannabe reporters on twitter for any information on what they're considering.

• Plus1 2