TE Thomas Fidone

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fidone commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Looking forward to seeing how he fits in at Center in a couple of seasons. 

Yes, I'm still salty. 

Cam was not a college TE.  Or at least not nearly as good a TE as he will be a center.  They made the right move.  Fidone could be a freak of a TE at the next level.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Cam was not a college TE.  Or at least not nearly as good a TE as he will be a center.  They made the right move.  Fidone could be a freak of a TE at the next level.  

He's barely a college center, too; it took almost 11 games for him to look halfway competent at the position. Anyways, I'm not relitigating that decision; what's done is done. If only there was another position that Cam could have been moved to....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

He's barely a college center, too; it took almost 11 games for him to look halfway competent at the position. Anyways, I'm not relitigating that decision; what's done is done. If only there was another position that Cam could have been moved to....

Sad that that was still our best option even for last season. If he becomes the monster center they think  he can be, we won't let you continue to harbor this rage.

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

If only there was another position that Cam could have slotted into....

I hadn't been that excited about him as a TE since I watched him play basketball when he was in high school.  He was obviously strong and explosive but didn't seem to be that quick to me which made me wonder if he would struggle to get open against college linebackers.  I would rather have seen him at linebacker because that seemed to be a better fit to me.  But I would still worry about quickness.

I really do think OL is his best fit.  Lets him use his explosiveness and power without trying to get open or chase people down.  Getting to be more and more examples of TEs moving to the OL and ending up in the NFL.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 2
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I hadn't been that excited about him as a TE since I watched him play basketball when he was in high school.  He was obviously strong and explosive but didn't seem to be that quick to me which made me wonder if he would struggle to get open against college linebackers.  I would rather have seen him at linebacker because that seemed to be a better fit to me.  But I would still worry about quickness.

I really do think OL is his best fit.  Lets him use his explosiveness and power without trying to get open or chase people down.  Getting to be more and more examples of TEs moving to the OL and ending up in the NFL.

I believe the recruiting sites all thought he was a better LB prospect as well from memory. 

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I believe the recruiting sites all thought he was a better LB prospect as well from memory. 

This is true and also shows how NU wants the center and ol to play 

However back to TF he is a definite TE and frost will know how to use him

Cam was a green, raw, undersized athlete assigned to play one of the toughest positions on the team.  He looked like it.  Few can deny that and the coaches knew this but saw tremendous upside for the future. He did improve last year imo.  It seems very likely he will take another solid jump this year as a soph.  If he doesnt have the right stuff, Frost and Austin will make a change. I believe he will end up being a darn good Center and he wont be the issue this fall if we even play. 

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Cam was a green, raw, undersized athlete assigned to play one of the toughest positions on the team.  He looked like it.  Few can deny that and the coaches knew this but saw tremendous upside for the future. He did improve last year imo.  It seems very likely he will take another solid jump this year as a soph.  If he doesnt have the right stuff, Frost and Austin will make a change. I believe he will end up being a darn good Center and he wont be the issue this fall if we even play. 

By the end of the year, Cam was one of the best linemen on the team, and did very well against tough d-lines in Wisconsin and Iowa.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone
  • Mavric pinned this topic