TE Thomas Fidone

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fidone commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

After sharing an article that talked about us landing the 1st and 3rd ranked JuCos. A coworker of mine chimed in and told me Fidone was her cousin and that they are all hoping he is N. She said “even his Hawkeye parents”. She then said,  “My step dad has four cousins who are like his brothers (huge Italian family) and my step dad owns a portable toilet business and one of our toilets are at Scott Frost’s house. Our worker went to clean it and Scott was outside so he mentioned that Fidone’s uncle owns the toilet. Scott said get him on the phone! So Scott called my step dad and said please come have a beer with me, I want Thomas, what do we need to do?” 

I am going to ask her tomorrow during work for more deets. Like if he actually went and had that beer and if Scott was worried they were behind, and how long ago this was. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

After sharing an article that talked about us landing the 1st and 3rd ranked JuCos. A coworker of mine chimed in and told me Fidone was her cousin and that they are all hoping he is N. She said “even his Hawkeye parents”. She then said,  “My step dad has four cousins who are like his brothers (huge Italian family) and my step dad owns a portable toilet business and one of our toilets are at Scott Frost’s house. Our worker went to clean it and Scott was outside so he mentioned that Fidone’s uncle owns the toilet. Scott said get him on the phone! So Scott called my step dad and said please come have a beer with me, I want Thomas, what do we need to do?” 

I am going to ask her tomorrow during work for more deets. Like if he actually went and had that beer and if Scott was worried they were behind, and how long ago this was. 

I am not sure if this is the greatest inside info ever...or the worst.  But either way I will take it! 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Aren't Fidone and his parents husker fans??

• Plus1 1

This seems like good news for us regarding Fidone wanting to visit LSU: 

https://theathletic.com/1955957/2020/07/28/recruiting-mailbag-proof-of-why-the-sec-is-best-in-college-football/

Best guess on when official visits are going to be allowed? — DJ K.

Not until 2021.

I am still in the process of reporting a story on this, which I hope to have ready next week. Though things are constantly in flux, and coronavirus numbers could, in theory, improve dramatically in the next six weeks, it doesn’t seem as though having visits will make sense during this calendar year. That is especially true if there happens to be a football season. Could you imagine any program allowing a prospect who traveled through an airport to come into their football building and interact with their current players? In what world would that make sense?

I actually think the probability of fall visits happening would improve if there is no football season. In that scenario, there would be no season to protect, and that would make for a more realistic environment for schools to welcome visitors — if we collectively can get a handle on the virus.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

14 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

user generated

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Yeah they are.

And I knew they were and I'm embarrassed to say I still got 3/4 of the way through that post before realizing it was nonsense

Husker fans, yes. That is why they want him to be N. Learn how to read. She made it sound like his parents went to Iowa though in college. Or at least I assumed that is why she kept calling them Hawkeyes. Unless she was calling them that cause they live in Iowa. She is actually real smart and knows quite a bit about football. She knows even more about her cousin, Thomas. Which I thought could be valuable to the board. 

She actually talked to Thomas today herself and I had some solid info to share. But I’ll keep that info to myself since everyone wants to be dicks. 

My sister in-law also has an uncle who is real good friends with Scott and went to school with him growing up. They still have lunch together once every few weeks. I see her uncle at family gatherings quite often. I wanted to start working that connection more often too and get more involved on the board. But sounds like info isn’t needed. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone
  • Mavric pinned this topic