TE Thomas Fidone

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fidone commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

TF will be used like the TE from SF season in Florida that finished undefeated

29 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Thomas Fidone will be used like the tight end from Scott Frosts undefeated season at UCF

Personally I think it's easier to just say Jordan Akins

I also think Thomas Fidone will be one of a kind in Scott Frost's offense.

• Plus1 4

I think Fidone is good enough to skip a RS year.   I am thinking they are shooting for 2 but will settle for 1 if they strike out on all their choices.  I think they will end up with 2.  

This is how I would rank them and the order in which I would hope to get them.  

1)  Fidone.  Great catch radius & athlete.  Could contribute early.   Hard worker!

2)  Crownover.  His size makes him a great inline choice and will help him get on the field.  We need at least one of the TE's be able to contribute right away and he already has the size.   Not overly explosive but he knows how to use his size and is a good athlete,

3)   Carney.   I think he looks a little more explosive than Rollins and Crownover however his film is class B vs class a?   So maybe that's some of the difference?   Would be a 4 game RS candidate.   I think he has a high ceiling and the recent gains have shown this.

4)  Rollins.   Would be a solid pickup.    Would be a 4 game RS candidate.  I think he is a little better than Carney with his blocking. 

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Has anyone said that he will start day 1 yet? 

Interestingly enough, if he goes to LSU, they landed Gilbert last year, who was like the #8 recruit nationwide and a beast.  Mickey Joseph has done a great job at both recruiting the WR position and development and the addition of Gilbert last year and his impact this year could be an interesting snag in Fidone's selection process.  Will he want to play close to home and move into an early impact ... or will want to go with the program that has better pieces around it.  He will also have that choice between Frost and Joseph and the Husker ties.

I think it comes down to his mindset.  I can't see us getting near .500 ball in the B1G ... so will Fidone look at this as an opportunity to build and be a part of something or will he go where he is surrounded by better players and then take time to develop and play when its his turn.

Grateful to read that it appears he is ours to lose.

1 hour ago, flatwaterfan said:

I think Fidone is good enough to skip a RS year.   I am thinking they are shooting for 2 but will settle for 1 if they strike out on all their choices.  I think they will end up with 2.  

This is how I would rank them and the order in which I would hope to get them.  

1)  Fidone.  Great catch radius & athlete.  Could contribute early.   Hard worker!

2)  Crownover.  His size makes him a great inline choice and will help him get on the field.  We need at least one of the TE's be able to contribute right away and he already has the size.   Not overly explosive but he knows how to use his size and is a good athlete,

3)   Carney.   I think he looks a little more explosive than Rollins and Crownover however his film is class B vs class a?   So maybe that's some of the difference?   Would be a 4 game RS candidate.   I think he has a high ceiling and the recent gains have shown this.

4)  Rollins.   Would be a solid pickup.    Would be a 4 game RS candidate.  I think he is a little better than Carney with his blocking. 

I assure you almost 100% that they will take two TE's in this class. Only taking one would be a huge roster management mistake. No way you take 1.5 TE's in three classes. 

• Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone
  • Mavric pinned this topic