TE Thomas Fidone

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fidone commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, BigRedN said:

@Vince R., what is your current view sir?

I still think he will be a Hawk in the end.  Emotionally, that feels stronger because of all the big misses as of late.  I see Bollwrs to Wisky and as others are committing to other schools, rather than us, I see him going to develop himself best for the NFL.  I think that trump's His love for Nebraska in the end.

Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

I appreciate reaching out @BigRedN. I think Thomas is in a position where he doesn't have to make a decision any time soon. Almost every school in the country will take his commitment now or right before signing day. For his own personal sake, thats the best decision right now, and I am sure his family wants him to see everything because he has so many options. However, if restrictions do not get lifted in the near future, relationships might prevail since visit time will be tough sledding, and I believe Scott has done a great job with that. Nebraska is for sure one of the leaders for him.

With such a small window for visits being likely, many teams might back off from recruiting him if they get intel that he is leaning Nebraska or staying close to home. Obviously, I know nothing about his decision, and I could be wrong. 

As far as Bollers, he is not coming to Nebraska, and it has mostly to do with reputation and record. Now that the momentum from UCF is gone, Nebraska has to win and develop marquee positions to get these guys. I keep pointing out a guy like Caleb Tannor. He has to break out, and he shows flashes.  I am telling you guys, he has NFL written all over him, and he can be special. Nebraska cannot waste him. I have been pretty outspoken about WR development as well, and look whats happening with Keagen.  

Nebraska is in a put up or shut up position with recruits right now. Jumps have to be made, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska starts looking to flip players a few months from now. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't know the answer to this, so I'm asking.

How has Iowa shown to be a better developer of WRs?

Smith-Marsette has been getting busy, but I really think KJ is just choosing to go the contrarian route.

Also, if KJs interest was dependent on Walters being at NU, then oh well. Our WR preparation was lacking and our offensive game plans were suffering.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Treand3 said:

Also, if KJs interest was dependent on Walters being at NU, then oh well. Our WR preparation was lacking and our offensive game plans were suffering.

If this really is the case, then go ahead to Iowa.  We needed a change at that position.  But, I like the new hire and don't quite understand why WRs wouldn't want to come play for him....other than just not having a relationship with him yet.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't know the answer to this, so I'm asking.

How has Iowa shown to be a better developer of WRs?

Obviously there is a new coach, but I think Keegan doesn't see any tangible proof as to how Nebraska will be a better fit than Iowa. I left out another point on accident. I think Nebraska is stale to a lot of local recruits, and losing is the cause. Nebraska wins, and I think Keegan wears red no matter what. 

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...why is Iowa a better fit?

I mean ... only the individual recruit can answer questions like that.  It's different for each one. 

But they've beaten us most of the time recently.  Finished higher in the standings.  And haven't changed their main guy recruiting them.  So it's not like it's inconceivable.

• Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone
  • Mavric pinned this topic