Jump to content

TE Thomas Fidone [Nebraska Commit]


Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

By the end of the year, Cam was one of the best linemen on the team, and did very well against tough d-lines in Wisconsin and Iowa.

 

I honestly don't know if that says more about Cam, or the level of talent on the O-Line last year...fingers crossed that Benhart is the real deal. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's got the makings of an All-Conference Left Guard, guys. 

ESPN recruiting is sort of like one of those old websites that hasn't been updated in a few years but for some reason is still up and running.

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Fidone.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

 

I honestly don't know if that says more about Cam, or the level of talent on the O-Line last year...fingers crossed that Benhart is the real deal. 

I cant be as critical of the line, even last year. It was not good; not up to pipeline standards by any stretch.  But I really feel the entire line improved markedly last season and I have confidence it will be that much better this fall.  I expect it will be about middle of the pack in the Big Ten and better than the past 4 years NU lines overall.  Further, it will shock me if the line play is “the problem” should the offense sputter.  

Maybe I am too optimistic but I always am hopeful for the Huskers.  

Link to post
46 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

 

I honestly don't know if that says more about Cam, or the level of talent on the O-Line last year...fingers crossed that Benhart is the real deal. 

I knew that's how someone would take my post.  Yes, the rest of the o-line was not great, but Cam wasn't a big issue by the end of the season.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, you are.

 

Not really; someone took an offhanded joke and ran with it. 

 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I knew that's how someone would take my post.  Yes, the rest of the o-line was not great, but Cam wasn't a big issue by the end of the season.

 

Oh calm down. Both of those things can be true. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I cant be as critical of the line, even last year. It was not good; not up to pipeline standards by any stretch.  But I really feel the entire line improved markedly last season and I have confidence it will be that much better this fall.  I expect it will be about middle of the pack in the Big Ten and better than the past 4 years NU lines overall.  Further, it will shock me if the line play is “the problem” should the offense sputter.  

Maybe I am too optimistic but I always am hopeful for the Huskers.  

 

I certainly hope so. Farniok moving to G is a good start; he's a better fit there and opens up Benhart on the edge. 

Link to post

Back to the topic of the thread.... 

 

The general consensus around Fidone is that he is ours to lose. Should we lock him in, does that sway other regional prospects to reconsider (Bollers)? He strikes me as a quietly influencing type versus Lutovsky's constantly vocal peer recruiting. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I knew that's how someone would take my post.  Yes, the rest of the o-line was not great, but Cam wasn't a big issue by the end of the season.

I think it also says something about our oline coach. He took a guy with good measureables and by the end the year turned him into a pretty good center. Now ideally a few years down the road when we have depth. That raw guy won’t have to play and he can develop behind the scenes instead of on national tv for all to see, then when someone plays they are a dude 

Link to post
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...