TE Thomas Fidone

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fidone commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Up to #31 on Rivals. Fell just short of being a 5 star. 

Curious if they will still do one final update.  Usually they do after the all-star games but those are out this year.  I would guess they still will but don't know for sure.  The main reason I'm curious is 26 five-stars this year is a bit fewer than normal.  There were 35 last year including two TEs and a third that just missed (#37).  In 2019 there were 30 five-stars but no TEs in that group.  In 2018 there were 33 but not TEs.  For comparison Kyle Pitts (now at Florida) was the #12 TE in 2018 and a four-star on Rivals, #5 TE and a five-star on 247.

I usually don't care enough to even look at the ESPN rankings.  But I noticed Fidone dropped quite a ways in the Composite from when I last updated.  So it had to be ESPN dropping him.  Now #272 overall and the #5 TE-H according to them.  #1 according to both 247 and Rivals.

Here are a few prospects who were considered for a fifth star but missed and why.

TE Thomas Fidone — This one was debated quite a bit and he came close but it came down to how big he can get at the next level. Fidone has a chance to be a great tight end in college but he’s angular and bulk would need to be added in a big way.

Rivals

51 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Does volleyball not use a "star" system???

It does not. But if it did, our last class, where we signed the overall #1, #2 and #3 player in the country, would probably win.

It's being talked about as the greatest recruiting class in any sport, all time. 

• Plus1 6
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It does not. But if it did, our last class, where we signed the overall #1, #2 and #3 player in the country, would probably win.

It's being talked about as the greatest recruiting class in any sport, all time. 

As it should be.  That class is insane!

Not only the top 3, but didn't they also land like 5 of the top 20 in total?

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Not only the top 3, but didn't they also land like 5 of the top 20 in total?

Yes. The rankings for the whole class:

There are schools who would be thrilled to get the #70 ranked kid in volleyball. 

At Nebraska, she was the lowest-ranked out of six recruits.  That's just sick. 

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yes. The rankings for the whole class:

There are schools who would be thrilled to get the #70 ranked kid in volleyball. 

At Nebraska, she was the lowest-ranked out of six recruits.  That's just sick. 

So it is fair to say volleyball will pass football in Natty's very soon.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So it is fair to say volleyball will pass football in Natty's very soon.

They're currently tied, so next one Cook gets will put VB in the lead. 

I would guess volleyball will win at least one of the next three years, and possibly two of the next four. 

I think I saw somewhere that next year, depending on who plays, five of the six starters on the court will be Top-10 recruits. 

• Plus1 3
43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They're currently tied, so next one Cook gets will put VB in the lead. 

I would guess volleyball will win at least one of the next three years, and possibly two of the next four. 

I think I saw somewhere that next year, depending on who plays, five of the six starters on the court will be Top-10 recruits. 

everyone knows you can't recruit to Nebraska

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone