TE Thomas Fidone

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fidone commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

50 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Here is my thinking on this...

If the kid ends up being awesome...they will throw him the ball a ton. 

Ya, no coach has a Rob Gronkowski in his line-up and chooses not to utilize that.. So, if the kid is a game change in the passing game, he'll be running routes for Scotty.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

It's feeling like we land this kid.  Was browsing this thread and this post captured me from a long time ago.

I'm curious to ask what the Top three teams other than Nebraska might be a better fit or project him to be a better NFL Tight End.  Any thoughts from anyone?

Personally, I think this kid would be developed better at Iowa ... just based off of track record alone.  Glad he is liking us. 

I don't know if I'm sold that we would really be committed to getting this kid 8-10 catches a game.  We might get him 8-10 looks and 3-5 catches in those looks.  Other than that ... he is a blocker.  I'm all game if he is used the way I envision him ... but how sold is everyone else that this kid will be used to truly change the TE position?

Input?

Noah Fant had 78 catches in 3 seasons at Iowa, with 39 being the most in a single season. All but 1 NFL receiver averaged less than 8 catches a game this year. 3-5 catches a game would be realistic for any top TE in college, especially in a cold weather state. 
Agree that Iowa is the better choice with their recent TE success, but TE’s are drafted based on potential more than any other position. 

• Plus1 4
17 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Ya, no coach has a Rob Gronkowski in his line-up and chooses not to utilize that.. So, if the kid is a game change in the passing game, he'll be running routes for Scotty.

Yeah, that is pretty much what I was getting at.

If the kid is a stud, they are going to target him over and over.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Freddie Kitchens would prove you wrong :D

Njoku? I was excited about him when he was a hard knocks sensation but the jury is still out if he's a legit contender in NFL. Hard to say when everything was so messed up with that passing game, from the QB play to the play calling to the o-Line. I mean, he ceretainly could be great. Kitchens and Baker made OBJ look like me out there, so here's hoping.. 

15 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Njoku? I was excited about him when he was a hard knocks sensation but the jury is still out if he's a legit contender in NFL. Hard to say when everything was so messed up with that passing game, from the QB play to the play calling to the o-Line. I mean, he ceretainly could be great. Kitchens and Baker made OBJ look like me out there, so here's hoping.. 

Kitchens saw the strengths of his offense (running) and thought "nah fam they'll see that coming. Let's pass it"

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone
  • Mavric pinned this topic