Q'Anon

I just posted in the Cult of Trump thread some of the below.  I think this topic deserves a thread of its  own. 

It is apparent to me that this loose organization of conspiracy theorists  and terrorists (see West point anti terror link below) is becoming a real threat. 

They literally see Trump as a savior and Trump, who has  narcissistic grandiose views of himself,   is in agreement. 

Because tRump has messianic views of himself, I believe he will do all that he can to remain in the WH.   Remember he said at the 2016 GOP convention that only he can fix Washington.

This article details some of the violent acts already conducted by some Q members/believers.    Very enlightening.  Some events in the news that we all heard about are linked back to

Q believers.

https://ctc.usma.edu/the-qanon-conspiracy-theory-a-security-threat-in-the-making/

I believe @BigRedBuster posted this in another thread.  Trump  again won't denounce them.    The above link is from this tweet as well and should be read to understand the scope of the threat

by this cultish group.  However, this cult is more dangerous than just being a strong political cult - infatuated wt an unconventional politician.  They are becoming  a threat to the country. They brainwash like any other cult and they have a cult leader who happens to be the president of the USA.  This makes them more dangerous than any religious cult although they are a religion of sorts.

From my post in the Cult of Trump thread:

The Cult of Trump is supported by QAnon and my concern is that because Trump is literally their savior, Trump has indeed envisioned himself as such and will refuse to remove himself from the white house when he is defeated or will block, control, delay any election results that are contrary to their messianic vision.   The NYT and Atlantic articles share pretty eye opening stuff on what this conspiracy group is all about.  I suspect that I have some in-laws that are involved now as they have talked about Tom Hanks and other celebs being involved in child trafficking.   Pretty sicko stuff.   Yet Trump again won't denounce this fringe group like he wouldn't renounce the white supremacists in Charlottesville. 

What is QAnon?     The NYT & Atlantic  tells the history
Pretty scary stuff - cultish deception

To grasp why conspiracy theories appeal to Trump, it’s important to understand the man. Mental-health experts have described Trump as a narcissist forever feeding his grandiose sense of self. Facts and evidence aren’t nearly so convincing to Trump as what makes him feel better about himself. Trump was an illegitimate candidate in 2016 who benefited from foreign interference? No, that was Hillary! “His perception, even his definition, of good and bad is what makes him feel good in the moment,” David Reiss, a San Diego–based psychiatrist who has studied and written about Trump’s psyche, told me. “There’s no sense of consequences beyond what’s good for me in the moment, and then that gets projected onto everything. What’s good for me is good for the universe.”

• Plus1 2

^^^ I read that NY Times article yesterday and then I remembered seeing a bunch of people on Facebook posting #Savethechildren and now I'm just wondering how many people do I know that are duped by this conspiracy bulls#!t.

41 minutes ago, GSG said:

^^^ I read that NY Times article yesterday and then I remembered seeing a bunch of people on Facebook posting #Savethechildren and now I'm just wondering how many people do I know that are duped by this conspiracy bulls#!t.

yes, my wife was telling me some stuff her sister was telling her.  I had a hunch where it came from but wasn't sure. So I did some research and found the above info.  

I'm seeing a strong pattern between  anti-intellectualism, anti-science,  and support of the Cult of trump.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

yes, my wife was telling me some stuff her sister was telling her.  I had a hunch where it came from but wasn't sure. So I did some research and found the above info.  

I'm seeing a strong pattern between  anti-intellectualism, anti-science,  and support of the Cult of trump.

Big one I keep hearing people talk about is the Wayfair sex-trafficking conspiracy, which I do know if that's a Qanon deal or not.

But I see more and more people buying into all of that kind of crap. We had free health screenings at work a few weeks ago. We were joking around that it was a "mandatory COVID vaccine." A couple of my coworkers started in about how the COVID tests and vaccines are all part of Bill Gate's plan to control the population and track all of us :blink:

5 hours ago, GSG said:

Big one I keep hearing people talk about is the Wayfair sex-trafficking conspiracy, which I do know if that's a Qanon deal or not.

I haven’t heard of that. Are you talking about the website that sells stuff for the house 

I wonder if they are behind, or just have a similar population as the people on FB who post/believe these idiotic sex trafficking stories.

”If you are female and see your windshield wipers tied together don’t fall for it, call the police! Women in Omaha have been kidnapped and sold into sex trafficking while trying to untie their wipers.”

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I haven’t heard of that. Are you talking about the website that sells stuff for the house 

Yes. About 6-8 weeks ago or so the story/inference was that Wayfair was involved in human trafficking. Supposedly they had furniture on their website with people’s names and the prices were in the $10K to $20k range for a piece of furniture that should only be a few hundred dollars. Some claimed they traced the names on the furniture back to actual missing people. I don’t recall Wayfair’s explanation. I guess I figured if it was real the authorities would be all over it but I think some conspiracy minded folks still think it’s a thing even though no more has come to light. IDK.

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Best thing that could happen to this country is Facebook being turned off forever.

FIFY

Seriously, best case it is an absolute waste and worst case it is fertile ground for dangerous information and ridiculous conspiracy theories. Every single person who regularly uses FB has some human deficiency. (And yes, I said “every person” and qualified it with “regularly”) The two most common types are attention whores and people with unhealthy political concerns. Normal, stable people aren’t anywhere to found on FB, in my experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

More on the messiah complex trump has  in this recent response he has towards the DNC convention.   

https://news.trust.org/item/20200821204831-03ekh

WASHINGTON/ARLINGTON, Va., Aug 21 (Reuters) - After being accused by Democrats of being a chaotic and dishonest leader, President Donald Trump countered on Friday that Democrats, not he, would bring chaos to the United States if Joe Biden wins the White House in November.

"If our opponents prevail no one will be safe in our country," Trump told conservative activists in his first speech since the Democratic National Convention ended late on Thursday.

"I'm the only thing standing between the American dream and total anarchy, madness and chaos," Trump said.

All a nice set up to delay the results

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-warns-election-vote-count-201019233.html

President Donald Trump warned Friday that the results of the November 3 presidential election could take weeks or months to determine.

Amid concerns that a wave of mail-in ballots could overwhelm the post office and local election bodies, Trump suggested the traditional election-night verdict could be delayed.

"You'll never have an election count on November 3," Trump said in a speech to the Council of National Policy, a conservative activist group.

"You're not going to be able to know the end of this election, in my opinion, for weeks, months, maybe never," he said.

The prospect of a slow count of an expected 50 million votes cast by mail -- one consequence of the coronavirus pandemic -- has raised concerns of political turmoil and mischief-making, and legal challenges that could further delay a result, for the presidential as well as congressional races.

Trump, who polls show is trailing challenger Joe Biden, alleged that Democrats were promoting universal mail-in voting to manipulate the results.

But he suggested a systemic problem as well.

"We're not prepared for this, 51 million ballots. It will be a tremendous embarrassment for the country," he said.

"This is a very serious problem for a democracy."

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

FIFY

Seriously, best case it is an absolute waste and worst case it is fertile ground for dangerous information and ridiculous conspiracy theories. Every single person who regularly uses FB has some human deficiency. (And yes, I said “every person” and qualified it with “regularly”) The two most common types are attention whores and people with unhealthy political concerns. Normal, stable people aren’t anywhere to found on FB, in my experience.

my wife is a regular FB user, leans left politically, doesn't believe in Q or any other conspiracy BS. She's a normal stable person, and not unhealthy or an attention whore. I laugh when you make such grandiose sweeping proclamations because it makes you look uninformed. In middle America not everyone conforms to the stereotypes some folks on this board throw around so freely.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

my wife is a regular FB user, leans left politically, doesn't believe in Q or any other conspiracy BS. She's a normal stable person, and not unhealthy or an attention whore. I laugh when you make such grandiose sweeping proclamations because it makes you look uninformed. In middle America not everyone conforms to the stereotypes some folks on this board throw around so freely.

Did you happen to notice the last three words of my post?

“in my experience” or put another way, in my opinion, would not be making a grandiose sweeping proclamation but rather commenting on my personal experience with FB.  I don’t care how much or how little time your wife spends on FB, I doubt she is among my very limited number of FB friends. To expand on my experience, and remember this is the people who seem to post everyday or multiple times per day. I have two relatives  and a few acquaintances that fall into the attention whore category, posting every boring occurrence of their day (like anyone cares) or bragging about that new item they purchased or their trip to the lake. One of them shares such personal information that it’s embarrassing. Her children were actually begging her, in FB responses, to stop airing her trailer trash escapades. As far as the politically unstable folk (one of them the same person), most of them are old HS classmates. A good dozen of them would eat DJT’s turds if he said they were good for them. Another half that many are just as crazy from the far left. And then there are the religion show offs, always trying to one up how religious they are. For me, based on what I’ve seen regularly occurring on Facebook, everyone would be be better off without it. And mind you, I only venture down that rabbit hole maybe once every month or two. I never post anything and only read when one of the notices I receive strikes me as possibly interesting.

Im sure there are people who use it responsibly, although I have my doubts about anyone who uses it often. I’d need to actually see an example of someone posting on FB daily that is not a whack job, to believe it’s possible.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

More on the messiah complex trump has  in this recent response he has towards the DNC convention.   

https://news.trust.org/item/20200821204831-03ekh

All a nice set up to delay the results

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-warns-election-vote-count-201019233.html

I don’t know if the amount of damage he is already doing with this talk can be overstated, even if he ends up going quietly. What he’s talking about is his goal. He is not worried the ballots will be hard to count. He is purposely trying to make that happen.