S Koby Bretz

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bretz commit?

• Nebraska
    • Kansas State
    • Minnesota

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I dont necessarily view a Frost class ranked #25 the same as a #25 Riley class because I put more value in the RBs, LBs, Secondary, lines, TEs etc and less in the WRs and Qbs which Riley seemed to score higher in his classes. 

Frost has better RBs, O linemen, LBs, safeties and corners especially.  I see more toughness and athletic hitters so I will take Frost guys, rated as a group, over Riley.  Bo got some good players in these spots but fell short in some spots.   Bo put some good guys on ghe field, but not enough really.  Frost is finding bodies enough to build a two deep so I want to see if he has a top twenty caliber squad. Young, physical, aggressive, tough, and mentally focused.  We may not be 4-5 star studded but I see a bunch of 3.5 - 4 star studs.   

Agree. I feel like Frost's classes have been more balanced, filling needs. Riley's classes while being in that top 25 range had holes. Bo often didn't fill his classes and it made every miss amplified.

3 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Agree. I feel like Frost's classes have been more balanced, filling needs. Riley's classes while being in that top 25 range had holes. Bo often didn't fill his classes and it made every miss amplified.

Frost has better walkons too.  I see too many who discount those guys almost as if they are a waste of time.   We had some of those 15 or 20 years ago and those numbers dwindled as the roster count fell off.  Frost has, imo, found a nice group and gives them a real shot.  He is honest - it appears - and gives them a chance to show their stuff.  Some move on as they should. Some stay as they should. But NU is deeper today than anytime in the past fifteen years.  I believe there are some lettermen in the walkon bunch certainly.  A few starters as well. 

• Plus1 1

Currently playing on CW-15 against AJ Rollins and Creighton Prep and having a good game. 

I know everyone is enamored with Haarberg, and he's already committed to an (arguably) better program, but I wish the staff would try and pry Cole Payton loose from NDSU; kid has a ton of potential. 

18 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Currently playing on CW-15 against AJ Rollins and Creighton Prep and having a good game. 

I know everyone is enamored with Haarberg, and he's already committed to an (arguably) better program, but I wish the staff would try and pry Cole Payton loose from NDSU; kid has a ton of potential. 

Yes. Westside is pretty loaded this year.  Going to be tough to beat.   Agree with you on Payton.  He needs to fine tune his accuracy, but he’s got a strong arm and runs very well. But as far as Bretz, I’m glad he’s going to be a Husker.  Great size and athleticism aside, he just makes plays.   The past two seasons I’ve watched the, #25 is all over the field.   I like Dickerson, but I feel Bretz is a more complete player.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Payton is intriguing on D, not as a QB.

• Fire 1
9 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Yes. Westside is pretty loaded this year.  Going to be tough to beat.   Agree with you on Payton.  He needs to fine tune his accuracy, but he’s got a strong arm and runs very well. But as far as Bretz, I’m glad he’s going to be a Husker.  Great size and athleticism aside, he just makes plays.   The past two seasons I’ve watched the, #25 is all over the field.   I like Dickerson, but I feel Bretz is a more complete player.  

There is no doubt in my mind that Westside can find ways to not win it all.

• Mavric changed the title to S Koby Bretz