S Koby Bretz

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bretz commit?

• Nebraska
    • Kansas State
    • Minnesota

This poll is closed to new votes

13 hours ago, Decked said:

This class may be in the 40 range ranking. I have no problem offering a lower ranked in state guy but to say the DB recruiting this year has been pretty mediocre is nice. I realize we have been impacted hard but sheesh. 

This class will be an outlier going forward, for specific reasons out of the program's control. I do like this offer. He won't be counted on to contribute immediately and might even find his way moving down a level depending on his physical progression.

Its very early with 4 months yet to go and plenty of turbulence in the recruiting waters.  The chances are that many commits all over the country will change imo.  

CFB is in such a state of flux that it may be that it is advantageous to be a bit behind the competition with a half dozen or so open spots available near signing time, especially if an extra year is allowed and a season of play is ultimately lost.   

• Haha 2

This offer makes a lot of sense to me.    In this day and age with Covid I could see where you might want to offer some local kids as they may be less likely to change their minds.    The DB's numbers are barely in the green and there is room for more DB's.  It's like insurance.  Plus he has good size and like others have suggested he fits the role of safety or could add some size to be a  drop OLB.    I think it's a bedrock offer.   Solid.   Would love to see him commit. 

11 hours ago, Decked said:

This class may be in the 40 range ranking. I have no problem offering a lower ranked in state guy but to say the DB recruiting this year has been pretty mediocre is nice. I realize we have been impacted hard but sheesh. 

Wisky and Iowa have done just fine with top 40ish classes.  

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

They may have a better culture for now but I'll take our coaching staff and scheme long term. Plus the fact that this class will still probably be sandwiches with higher classes. 

I love the optimism, but I still have lots of questions about the coaching staff. Wisconsin's and Iowa's have both proven themselves to be good at what they do. Nebraska's has one good year out of 4, with a much higher talent level than their competitors in the conference.  What @Decked

is saying is that they need the same level of talent advantage here to be as successful, and I tend to agree.  40s classes won't get it done. The one after could be much higher again, you're right, but we need a very solid winning season next year to recover from 2 straight losing seasons and then a lower ranked class. Another losing season and all the shine is gone on that 13-0 season that feels like it was about a decade ago already.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I love the optimism, but I still have lots of questions about the coaching staff. Wisconsin's and Iowa's have both proven themselves to be good at what they do. Nebraska's has one good year out of 4, with a much higher talent level than their competitors in the conference.  What @Decked

is saying is that they need the same level of talent advantage here to be as successful, and I tend to agree.  40s classes won't get it done. The one after could be much higher again, you're right, but we need a very solid winning season next year to recover from 2 straight losing seasons and then a lower ranked class. Another losing season and all the shine is gone on that 13-0 season that feela like it was about a decade ago already.

Wisconsin’s staff walked into a program that has had a good culture building for a long time. Iowa’s staff took years to build that culture. 

I’m not concerned about the long term culture with this staff. 

• Plus1 4
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wisconsin’s staff walked into a program that has had a good culture building for a long time. Iowa’s staff took years to build that culture. 

I’m not concerned about the long term culture with this staff. 

Nether am I. Both have at least 20 years of stability that nearly no other program in the conference has, except maybe NW; 30 in Wisconsin's case. Its honestly, to me, why they've been successful or have seen higher floors than everyone else.

• Mavric changed the title to S Koby Bretz
  • Mavric pinned this topic