S Koby Bretz

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bretz commit?

• Nebraska
    • Kansas State
    • Minnesota

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Isn’t this the kid that those who watch Omaha football say is better than Dickerson? I like it

I think that he's a better high school football player than Dickerson, but that's because his skill set is better suited for the high school game. Dickerson's much more athletic, better as in coverage, and has better ball skills as a defender. Bretz's ability and willingness to stop the run is very impressive and has more of an effect on the outcome of games in Nebraska. His highlight at 23 seconds is as great of a play as you will ever see from a defensive back.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, Decked said:

I guess I forgot the part where we had an identical scheme, culture, and coaching staff to Iowa & Wisconsin. Top 40 classes will not work. 

My point is that when you’re trying to climb back to relevance, recruiting is just a small part.   If you’re already relevant, then recruiting becomes much more important if you have playoff hopes, etc. 

If we aren’t currently on the right path with good coaches a better culture, then it won’t matter how good our recruiting classes are (HCBC and HCMR showed us that). I’m thinking and hoping we are on the right path.  Recruiting will improve, but I think the culture establishment must come first.  

• Fire 1

21 hours ago, The_Fan_Man said:

I think that he's a better high school football player than Dickerson, but that's because his skill set is better suited for the high school game. Dickerson's much more athletic, better as in coverage, and has better ball skills as a defender. Bretz's ability and willingness to stop the run is very impressive and has more of an effect on the outcome of games in Nebraska. His highlight at 23 seconds is as great of a play as you will ever see from a defensive back.

Having watched several WHS games in the past two seasons, I will agree with this assessment entirely.   Both have very good potential with the right coaching.   I’m biased, but I think Nebraska’s the right choice.   Dickerson must not want to come  to NU for some reason.  Hopefully Bretz does.  

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Koby Bretz [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic
  • Mavric changed the title to S Koby Bretz [Nebraska Commit]

On 8/22/2020 at 9:18 AM, Decoy73 said:

Wisky and Iowa have done just fine with top 40ish classes.  

What about all the teams that recruit poorly and have little success? 

With Nebraska's track record of developing and sending players to the NFL, is Nebraska similar to Iowa or Wisconsin? No.

Is Nebraska similar to NC State, Arizona, Wake Forest, Kansas State, Boston College, Indiana, Arizona State, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Colorado, Purdue or a plethora of other teams? Yes.

All we can hope for is the poor recruiting this year is because of COVID and not because of something else.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

Nice!   Congrats to Koby!   Supports fast and is physical.   Good down hill safety.   I'm thinking similar to Clint Finley?

I don't think he'll be playing safety.  We're about to have an OLB flipped and don't have many prospects there left with no visits happening. .  I expect Koby to slot at OLB.

• Mavric changed the title to S Koby Bretz