The Big 10 Football Political Conspiracy

35 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Why is it people always complain about "sources" instead of debating the argument and information therein? 

Because virtually 100% of our arguments are based on the sources that agree with us, and we constantly use them to prove our point. 

There's a misperception that Brietbart, OAN, Ben Shapiro, Newsmax, InfoWars and other even tinier rightwing news sources are the equivalent of the leftwing's Washington Post, New York Times, MSNBC, Politico and Slate. But they're not. They're the equivalent of the bipolar leftist shouting on a street corner in Berkeley. 

Mainstream media shows a liberal bias by what it choses to cover, highlight, and omit. Rightwing media is just making s#!t up at this point.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Why is it people always complain about "sources" instead of debating the argument and information therein? 

OK...I'm going to create a website and write an article that lays out evidence that Alamo City Husker, contrary to everything anyone actually knows about him, is really a droid from planet Meckulous sent here to infect the human population with a virus that allows his home planet to control everything we do.

Now..that starts getting spread around the internet on message boards.  Hmmmm....should people on those message boards question the source?  

Do you really believe everything you read on obscure websites that just so happen to align with your agenda/beliefs?

FYI.....not every obscure website is all of a sudden noticing or discovering deep state facts that...OMG....the MSM don't want you to see.

There's a reason why groups like QAnon are doing the things they do and maybe you need to look at that a little more.  Just because someone claims there is a conspiracy, doesn't mean there is one.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Why do arrogant people who don't take care of critical COVID patients think they know better than the doctors, nurses, and epidemiologists who do this work for a living? 

You're only proving my point. The fact that 60% of cases maybe asymptomatic is alarming. It means that the disease can be more easily spread by people who have no idea they are a carrier infecting the vulnerable population. Which is all the more reason to take precautions against unnecessarily large crowds. Or unfortunately even sporting events that aren't in a bubble.

This was never about defeating the virus. It was about managing it until a vaccine could be found, or it had run it's course. We are trying to manage it so our healthcare system isn't overwhelmed again like it was in the spring for several states. Every scientist and doctor worth their salt was telling us that we are in it for the long haul.

2 hours ago, Alamo City Husker said:

There is more data supporting this argument, but I am not going to do your homework for you. 

The source you cited doesn't back up the claim you tried to justify with it. Why would you even cite it to begin with. It took me all of 1 minute to verify that it was irrelevant to your claim based purely on calendar dates and a Google search of cases/deaths.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I had an online argument with an old Nebraska buddy. His source was a guy on Facebook.  Mine was FactCheck.org. He said the guy on Facebook told him not to believe FactCheck.org. And there we were. Two sides of the argument. 

Sadly, this story is all too relevant and appropriate for the country as a whole at this time.

Don't believe the doctors.

Don't believe the experts.

Don't believe the numbers.

Question their motives but rather listen to Trump and whacked out conspiracy theories generated by alt right zanies. I have no words for how f#cked up that is.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sadly, this story is all too relevant and appropriate for the country as a whole at this time.

Question their motives but rather listen to Trump and whacked out conspiracy theories generated by alt right zanies. I have no words for how f#cked up that is.

This is pretty much my aunt. She sent me a message on Facebook today, totally out of the blue, with a meme saying something like:

"Why are maskers still cussing out non-maskers 6 months later? Shouldn't all non-maskers be dead by now?" 

They just. dont. get. it. 

• Plus1 1

My favorite aunt shared a huge rant from an alt right freak on FB about the little white boy who was murdered and the george floyd protests and it said black people were cheering the white boy’s death. And a bunch of other bulls#!t. The only source was that this idiot posted it on FB. 

I really don’t know how this happened to these people. Most of them are in their 60s and 70s. They just somehow weren’t prepared for the internet’s existence. And don’t get me wrong there are morons of all ages but it’s natural to respect older people and they’re supposed to be wiser. The younger people are expected to be dips#!ts. It’s far more depressing that an old person I love and respected is this stupid and susceptible to manipulation.

• Plus1 4
39 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

but the doctors, experts,the rest of the world,  are all politically motivated....not trump and his version of the republican party.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My favorite aunt shared a huge rant from an alt right freak on FB about the little white boy who was murdered and the george floyd protests and it said black people were cheering the white boy’s death. And a bunch of other bulls#!t. The only source was that this idiot posted it on FB. 

I really don’t know how this happened to these peope. Most of them are in their 60s and 70s. They just somehow weren’t prepared for the internet’s existence. And don’t get me wrong there are morons of all ages but it’s natural to respect older people and they’re supposed to be wiser. The younger people are expected to be dips#!ts. It’s far more depressing that an old person I love and respected is this stupid and susceptible to manipulation.

I've talked to my beloved Grandmother about my disdain for Trump many times. I don't think it's sunk in much. I think she at least knows he's an idiot but I can't tell if she'd vote for him again. My dad luckily came to his senses quite quickly.

Sorry about your aunt.