RB Ashton Hayes [California - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hayes commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Hayes seems like a Duck-R guy and Williams seems like an straight RB. I think we should take both?

Don’t have room. May be anywhere from 14-16 guys in this class as it sits. Waiting for word from the NCAA. 

10 minutes ago, Decked said:

I would’ve loved to have him & Williams..sad but hey that’s crootin’. 

Why can't we take both? Is it numbers at rb or numbers in this class you think?

Ashton will be a good running back. I like his ability to see the hole and fight through contact. Is this the first Nevada recruit under Frost? I know in the past we got some guys out of Bishop Gorman. Definitely should be interesting to watch him develop as the year goes on. He is a solid addition to the rb room.

1 minute ago, HuskermanMike said:

Why can't we take both? Is it numbers at rb or numbers in this class you think?

Ashton will be a good running back. I like his ability to see the hole and fight through contact. Is this the first Nevada recruit under Frost? I know in the past we got some guys out of Bishop Gorman. Definitely should be interesting to watch him develop as the year goes on. He is a solid addition to the rb room.

The room is already crowded as is & nebraska is gonna have a small class due to logjam from this year. 

Just now, Decked said:

The room is already crowded as is & nebraska is gonna have a small class due to logjam from this year. 

Makes sense, thanks! I figured with Yant going on scholarship that effectively gives us an extra recruit for Thompkins leaving. It is always good to at least take one because you never know with injuries etc. how thin a room can get. Especially how our rb room looked in the Spring due to injuries.

What grade would you give our RB room with landing Hayes? Was it the right move or should we have waited for Williams?

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

I mean with the portal now the odd man out of Johnson-Scott-Sevion is almost certainly going to transfer. Or are transfers anticipated in the 14-16? I can't imagine if Williams wanted to come here we wouldn't take him, and his skill set is different enough that they could function together.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

this is really a crap or get off the pot for a lot of guys type of year in regards to what our coaches think of a ton of younger guys on our roster. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

this is really a crap or get off the pot for a lot of guys type of year in regards to what our coaches think of a ton of younger guys on our roster. 

Which is a good thing. The players get too comfortable here, and processing needs to ramp up. 

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Man this is going to be an extremely underwhelming class

I am an eternal optimist in recruiting so I naturally disagree, but the good thing is this class has no bearing on what this program becomes or does this year, or the next. What I do like about this class so far is that all these players have high ceilings, underdeveloped bodies, and chips on their shoulders. Hear me out but the best part about this class is that they get one important luxury that no class under Scott has gotten so far, and thats the ability to develop at their own rate. We can redshirt most, if not all of them, and allow each one to get bigger, stronger, and faster before they have to play a down. And if that happens, these kids are plenty good to make some noise when their time is ready. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 4

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's pretty bad so far. But the ratings guys really aren't evaluating 3* players right now. 

Frost also is simply having a hard time selling recruits on the trajectory of the program and getting players to the NFL.

Understandable, looking at the results from the first 3 years of HCSF & staff have been here. I think the recruiting struggles we are seeing make 2021 a do-or-die season. No more excuses. Show some movement upward, even 7 wins and maybe a signature win gives them something to point to for the future. But another 4 or 5 win season and things are only going to get worse.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to RB Ashton Hayes [California Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Ashton Hayes [California - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic