RB Ashton Hayes [California - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hayes commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

• seaofred92 changed the title to RB Ashton Hayes [California Commit]

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

with this decommit our class is now ranked right below Coastal Carolina and just ahead of Southern Miss. I know this won't hold and we are expected to snag a 4 star DB shortly but it still hurts. 

maybe it hurts in terms of perception of recruiting concerns, but not on the field imo.  Our RB room is crowded and young, plus I think we are in on guys just as strong, which is exactly why he may have left.  This easily could have been a coaches decision.

• Plus1 1

I don't see yet an OL stud or two ... so I really can't be too upset about losing a RB recruit for what we already have.  I thought this kid had the mojo/attitude to be a good one ... but still, he wants and needs blockers and I'm sure he started to really "consider" what we have and lost interest in the opportunity verses other options.

Good luck to him.

10 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

It's 2022: The transfer portal means you can't assume that ANY position's room is crowded.

Plus I dont think any runningback on the roster has proven anything to say the room is crowded. Sure they all have a pulse. Sure maybe it was all the OL fault. But regardless of what the reason is we do not have a proven runningback on the roster. 

Example: Do we have a RB on our team any of our opponents are concerned with? No.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Plus I dont think any runningback on the roster has proven anything to say the room is crowded. Sure they all have a pulse. Sure maybe it was all the OL fault. But regardless of what the reason is we do not have a proven runningback on the roster. 

Example: Do we have a RB on our team any of our opponents are concerned with? No.

I think our running game didn’t threaten any of our Big ten opponents so the pass game was not all that super either. O line struggled too but none of the position performed upto their talent ratings because the offense was just not very good.  Hence, basically a complete reboot.  Staff and players.  Scary to think that 4 years of recruits and some prior coaching mods accomplished little, even with a 4 year starter QB.  Let’s hope the overhaul helps!

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I don't see yet an OL stud or two ... so I really can't be too upset about losing a RB recruit for what we already have.  I thought this kid had the mojo/attitude to be a good one ... but still, he wants and needs blockers and I'm sure he started to really "consider" what we have and lost interest in the opportunity verses other options.

Good luck to him.

I think you're right, this guy had something that can't be coached.  I wish him well.

• Mavric changed the title to RB Ashton Hayes [California - Signed LOI]