RB Ashton Hayes [California - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hayes commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

In a few ways he reminds me of Rex Bulkhead. Making cuts to find the running lane and that spin move.

He seems to have solid vision and balance. Haven't been able to say that for awhile. It is really getting to the point of put up or shut up at the RB position. Held is supposed to be this ace recruiter etc. and our most productive RB has been a Riley recruit in Ozigbo. 

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He seems to have solid vision and balance. Haven't been able to say that for awhile. It is really getting to the point of put up or shut up at the RB position. Held is supposed to be this ace recruiter etc. and our most productive RB has been a Riley recruit in Ozigbo. 

Completely agree

7 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think about this a lot. I think Ryan Held has one big problem in terms of being a coach. I think he needs to find a balance between developing the guys he has in his room, and not always looking to replace or recruit the next big star. He has a personality that tells me he is quick to move on to the next thing. The Divine situation resembling that to some extent. I am afraid that Marvin Scott is being overlooked, and he will end up proving to everyone that he's more than capable and durable. And if this doesn't happen, then the ace recruiter label needs to be reevaluated.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
21 hours ago, Decked said:

I think Scott has a pretty good chance at being your #1 back this fall. He would’ve been after spring. 

Scott is strong, but he may well find himself behind more talented backs. If all are healthy all year I’d wager on yards from scrimmage leaders being in this order… 1) Irvin. 2) Stepp. 3) Yant 4) Morrison. 5) Scott

21 hours ago, SW MO Huskerfan said:

Scott is strong, but he may well find himself behind more talented backs. If all are healthy all year I’d wager on yards from scrimmage leaders being in this order… 1) Irvin. 2) Stepp. 3) Yant 4) Morrison. 5) Scott

I agree on Ervin, seems like he's got the most potential to be the man. I expect Stepp to not make it through the year healthy, no expectations there like most people.  Morrison could be a good one also, and Yant is a goal line, first down guy. Great combo with one of the others. Scott fits the Yant model I think, don't know if he's a 3 down guy.

My hope is one of Ervin or Morrison is the real deal and takes the job for 3 years.  Need some stability at that spot.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • seaofred92 changed the title to RB Ashton Hayes [California Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Ashton Hayes [California - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic