Eight Husker Football Players Sue the Big Ten

knapplc

8 minutes ago, commando said:

lord knows that the conference wasn't concerned about the health of our students and athletes.  it has to be some kind of dark conspiracy.  

Apparently, some things they did, or didn't do, are being kept from public disclosure.  Why, if the true reasoning was a simple as the safety of the students, then simply publicly declare and state that?  Defend their actions instead of say one thing publicly and privately do the opposite and then deny that,.  The problem with conspiracy theories is that they often have some credence, especially when the subjects of those theories, act suspiciously when, if they were forthcoming honestly, there is no reason to do so,.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Apparently, some things they did, or didn't do, are being kept from public disclosure.  Why, if the true reasoning was a simple as the safety of the students, then simply publicly declare and state that?  Defend their actions instead of say one thing publicly and privately do the opposite and then deny that,.  The problem with conspiracy theories is that they often have some credence, especially when the subjects of those theories, act suspiciously when, if they were forthcoming honestly, there is no reason to do so,.

yes...it ahs to be something like a very deep state kind of conspiracy to .......do what?.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

if they exposed who voted to close down the season i would bet you a dollar that those who voted yes would start receiving death threats from upset fans.

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Incredible harm. What if the information shows there was a vote and it was 8-6. 8 voted to play and 6 voted to shut down the fall and Warren sided with the 6? That would be incredible harm 

Seems possible if not likely. 

And stop this nonsense that Warren doesn’t deserve the most blame here. He absolutely does. Yes, if the Big Ten’s presidents all wanted football, we would have football. But if Kevin Warren wanted football, we would have football. What happened going into the final meeting with Warren and the presidents is 4-5 presidents were in favor of playing football this year, 4-5 were against the idea of playing, and the rest were somewhere in the middle. Jeff Snook was the first to report this information and it jibes with what I’ve been told since. Warren was able to get the presidents who were on the fence on his side. An official vote was never taken, which is an amazing detail in its own right and another illustration of how terribly mismanaged this situation was by Warren, but suddenly there was a slight majority of Big Ten presidents who were against playing football this fall. Warren was the one who directed the ship right into the iceberg. 

12 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I just think they don’t want anyone to push them around, especially not a newbie like Nebraska.  In a way, they have a point. 

If the players don’t win in some capacity, I think we better be packing our bags. 

Since we know they don’t like being questioned, it probably doesn’t matter if the players win or lose the suit, we’ll be getting screwed by the conference somehow. They make the schedules. They employ the referees (Texas A&M Big XII title game ring a bell.) At the end of the day this won’t get us a fall football season and will cause some hard feelings between the conference and Nebraska. I don’t think some people thought this through to it’s logical conclusion.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Since we know they don’t like being questioned, it probably doesn’t matter if the players win or lose the suit, we’ll be getting screwed by the conference somehow. They make the schedules. They employ the referees (Texas A&M Big XII title game ring a bell.) At the end of the day this won’t get us a fall football season and will cause some hard feelings between the conference and Nebraska. I don’t think some people thought this through to it’s logical conclusion.

Too soon to tell honestly. If say Ohio state and some other schools parents join the fight the narrative changes. 

I am fine with it personally. We are one of the historic blue bloods programs in college football. We do have some weight to throw around and I am tired of the big ten acting like we just need to shut up and be happy we were blessed enough to get a conference invite. Did we really leave the big12 because we were tired of being second fiddle to Texas- just to come to the big ten and be the 14th fiddle? 

• Thanks 2

People also want to pile on us like we aren't good enough for the big10 because we haven't been very good for over a decade, but at the end of the day that doesn't really matter. What matters in this business is money. As a brand we bring loads of value to the b10 and, which maybe isn't currently as grand as a few others, but time is a fickle mistress and it wasn't that long ago some of the current conference leaders weren't much to talk about either.  No, we haven't been great on the field, but as a program we haven't lost near as much shine as those that want us down would like us to believe. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Too soon to tell honestly. If say Ohio state and some other schools parents join the fight the narrative changes. 

I am fine with it personally. We are one of the historic blue bloods programs in college football. We do have some weight to throw around and I am tired of the big ten acting like we just need to shut up and be happy we were blessed enough to get a conference invite. Did we really leave the big12 because we were tired of being second fiddle to Texas- just to come to the big ten and be the 14th fiddle? 

They might join the fight if our players prevail.  If they don’t we’re vulnerable for ridicule. 

And as far as throwing our weight around, we’ve tried that, it hasn’t worked. I remember a BIG official saying that they purposely provoked Pelini. And I believe they did. We act like a game day is a huge deal and then get thumped. Actually we get thumped a lot. And no one storms the field after they best us, which I think most have, because we’re no one to them. I remember Kansas doing that when they beat us. I was pretty butt hurt at the time but now I recognize it as respect.