Went to a high school football game last night

6 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

Cy the Cyclone: “Went to a high school football game last night... Nobody died!!!”

In the Year 2060 - Future conversation from a Grandpa to his Grandson:

“You know, believe it or not, when I was in high school we didn’t have to wear masks! And we didn’t have to sit six feet apart from each other.. in a classroom! Together! And we could all eat in this thing called a Cafeteria where we could gather at big tables. The food was crummy but at least it was better than sitting in Study Hall. And on Friday nights, we played football! Against other schools! And they brought lots of people to the games, too! Friends and parents and family and neighbors. They actually got out of their houses and away from their Quantum Viewing Portals for a few time segments. And they all sat and yelled and screamed together and they enjoyed it! We enjoyed it!  And some of us even traveled together on these things called busses and had fun coming to and going from the games...”

Then the Grandson asked, “What was this thing called ‘The Big Ten’?”

Grandpa replied, “They were pretty good at football. It was this league that stretched from the Sand Hills all the way to New York and it had fourteen schools in it.”

The Grandson smiled. “Sure, Grandpa... It was ‘The Big Ten’ but it had 14 schools in it and it went all the way from our wide-open Sand Hills to those tall buildings in Manhattan!...You should have quit when you were ahead. You almost had me believing all this stuff you just told me!”

Grandpa paused a moment and said... “Yeah. I almost want to believe this stuff, too.”

Thanks L Ron Hubbard 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Honestly man, such a dumb take away...its like saying "everyone was smoking in the stands and no reports of lung cancer!!!"

I want football and think they should play but I have a hard time thinking in not a sense manner. Life can go on but not to recognize the risks is just hillbillyish 

Agreed... ironically its those with that "hillbillyish" mentality are mostly the reason we are still in this situation.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

I don't pay a lot of attention, so I assumed high school sport were on hold too.  Was surprised when my family chat started reporting scores from our old foes and friendly schools from days gone by.  Good for them, I hope all turns out well.  My uneducated guess is that some teams will get the wuflu, some will get other flu, some will get a bout of staph and so one.  Hope the kids are all safe and well cared for.  Having been a kid once, unless an adult told me I couldn't play, I'd play with two wisdom teeth just removed.

• Plus1 1