Rumors and news of a B1G football season

On 8/31/2020 at 5:53 AM, Crusader Husker said:

I don't want to sound like a complete jerk, but this is the topic I would like to follow.  Not everyone's opinion on testing or covid conspiracies.  I just want to know the latest on a possible start to the season.  Rumors or factual.  I have had to weave through about 3 or 4 different threads to find anything.  Mods I hope this is OK thanks!

I have seen possible October/Thanksgiving/Spring.  I think this could be an important week.

Reboot.:thumbs

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, junior4949 said:

Name one POTUS in the last four decades that didn't have a large polarizing effect on the American public.  Out here in farm country, there are still plenty of arguments over Carter and Reagan policies.  Clinton hasn't been in office for over two decades, but just the name still stirs up a lot of people. 

Just the very tweet that is the topic within this thread.  The last time I'm aware any President said anything concerning the operation of college football was in the days of Teddy Roosevelt (risk of injury/death in football). 

Unless you count Nixon chiming in on who should be named National Champions. 

And Trump said this for one reason - to get Big Ten football fans within the light bluish or purplish states to vote for him.  He thinks getting football fans in those states to love him for "getting football back" will make them sweep out in droves to vote for him.  Several key states that are in play are in Big Ten Country (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa) and he needs to either shore up a small lead or make up a small deficit in order to make sure he gets those Electoral College votes.  That is the only college Trump cares about.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Rochelobe said:

Just the very tweet that is the topic within this thread.  The last time I'm aware any President said anything concerning the operation of college football was in the days of Teddy Roosevelt (risk of injury/death in football). 

Unless you count Nixon chiming in on who should be named National Champions. 

And Trump said this for one reason - to get Big Ten football fans within the light bluish or purplish states to vote for him.  He thinks getting football fans in those states to love him for "getting football back" will make them sweep out in droves to vote for him.  Several key states that are in play are in Big Ten Country (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa) and he needs to either shore up a small lead or make up a small deficit in order to make sure he gets those Electoral College votes.  That is the only college Trump cares about.

Speaking of keeping political views out of the thread..

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Don't even bother looking at this forum. It's a mess of politics and speculation. 

LOVE the Warrenometer. I'd personally give it 3 Kevins that we have Husker football by Thanksgiving.

Shucks. 

thought maybe the Donald would help a Kevin or two 

• Fire 1

Back to football...

Safe to assume it will take at least one month of training/practice/camp before games would be played? 

With Michigan State classes online now, do we think it would take at 5-7 days from the possible announcement before the practices would start again and each school gets their kids back on campus? Add in the month and you're looking at least 30 days from any announcement to return before the first game. Reasonable?

1 minute ago, nic said:

Per Dan Patrick, "If conference can pass updated safety measures and procedures, Big Ten targeting Oct. 10 to start football season."

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1300875158018756611

Heard Moos shot this rumor down.

The B1G is so all over the place when it comes to sources which makes me think that either people are pretending they know something or the communication is nil and so schools are guessing.