Rumors and news of a B1G football season

2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Yes, I believe most are planning on having fairly empty campuses from Thanksgiving until the 2nd or 3rd week in January. Nebraska is for sure in that group. Nothing in person after Thanksgiving. 

So Nebraska students will be done by Thanksgiving. I'm having trouble finding which other B1G schools are too. Anyone else know?

24 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

So Nebraska students will be done by Thanksgiving. I'm having trouble finding which other B1G schools are too. Anyone else know?

Nebraska, Wisconsin & Iowa switching to online formats after Thanksgiving. Just did a brief search but safe to assume more in the conference are following a similar plan. 

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/education/2020/06/17/uw-madison-uwm-reopen-fall-but-campus-life-different/3206166001/

https://www.radioiowa.com/2020/06/18/university-of-iowa-to-split-up-fall-semester-with-online-classes-after-thanksgiving/

• Fire 1

Starting at October 3rd.  And December 12th, CCG @ Indianapolis, Ohio State vs Huskers :horns

5 weeks plenty of time to practice.

Iu5IEGC.png

WEST: NU, Wisconsin, Birds, Gophers, Illini, NW and Purdue .... moved to EAST

EAST: Purdue, tOSU, Hoosiers, MSU, Blue and Penn St

Rutgers and Terps kicked off permanently.  Back to 12 teams.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I wonder if we hear the new start date by tomorrow at the latest and in return the court filing is dropped. Don’t want those secret vote and convos leaked. 

I wonder if that will stop anyone's FOIA request. My guess is they'll still be curious enough to want to see those through, season or no season.

• Fire 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I wonder if that will stop anyone's FOIA request. My guess is they'll still be curious enough to want to see those through, season or no season.

IMO they've gone too far down the rabbit hole now. You can't refuse to give any information on your decision and then drop quotes about how releasing the information would cause "irreparable harm" and expect people to go away. The B1G has bungled this decision from start to finish and I think they are only beginning to pay the consequences. The thing is the decision wasn't necessarily the wrong one, but their handling sure has been.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Unlikely a deal to drop the players’ lawsuit with only some agreed upon late fall date to start without the revelation of the vote numbers and IDs thereof as well as more details of the basis for those votes.  The suit may be delayed but not dismissed as Big Ten can simply promise then backtrack afterwards.  

More likely some possible deal to allow schools to schedule on their own without Big Ten involved.  This lets everybody get what they want.  And conference stays ‘safe’ from liability.  But the voting will come out, one way or the other, whether via players’ case or by FOI requests to each school.  

A FOI suit to any one school would get the votes/meeting minutes.   The minutes may not reveal all the details of discussions/comments either way.  

Any discussion whereby board members plan or agree to evade public meetings laws is a real No-No and I believe a Class 3 or 4 misdemeanor.   State laws vary across the several states but all states have restrictions on public officials conducting closed meetings or taking secretive actions.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, nic said:

From the guy who broke the story on the last vote.

Wow, a late January is going to put you with a B1G championship game in late March. You're going to lose all draft eligible players because they'll be preparing for the draft vs. playing in a joke of a season. And worst of all you're going to impact your 2021 season. The people in charge are just honestly idiots.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 5

53 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Wow, a late January is going to put you with a B1G championship game in late March. You're going to lose all draft eligible players because they'll be preparing for the draft vs. playing in a joke of a season. And worst of all you're going to impact your 2021 season. The people in charge are just honestly idiots.

image.jpeg.336d4b59552d033affb8fe058b60219d.jpeg

• Fire 1

Gov Ricketts, follows the lead of the parents, and the 8 football players suing the B1G,  by stating the B1G blew it both in the decision they made and the way they announced it. 

https://omaha.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/ricketts-says-big-ten-made-a-mistake-with-decision-to-postpone-fall-sports/article_f461fec3-3c0f-51bc-83fd-3b2bfcb74434.amp.html

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Well, seeing how we havent really placed any draft talent in the league consistently since Ameer graduated, this might actually be good for us! ;)

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Well, seeing how we havent really placed any draft talent in the league consistently since Ameer graduated, this might actually be good for us! ;)

Yep, that would give us a competitive advantage in several games.