Rumors and news of a B1G football season

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They're doing in person. I posted some quotes from their president yesterday. He voted against football, but when it came to classes he was full go. 

"I’d like to give the community the chance to actually figure out together, with us, how we can coexist with a disease that none of us welcomes, that’s a real problem for everybody."

He's been talking out of both sides of his mouth.

lol, such a walking f'n contradiction.  On one hand, no sports to protect liability from student athletes getting covid and potentially having severe symptoms... But lets cram 30k 18-22 year olds and make a mini city but potentially expose them severe symptoms, all for the sake of protecting that tuitiion, room and board revenue streams

There was a fantastic article I believe in the atlantic a couple months back that detailed our unversities are like the only institution in the world thats been able to not change or improve their product really at all in 100 years yet tuition has soared, in some cases by 40000%.....

So many cracks in society that are being exposed right now

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

lol, such a walking f'n contradiction.  On one hand, no sports to protect liability from student athletes getting covid and potentially having severe symptoms... But lets cram 30k 18-22 year olds and make a mini city but potentially expose them severe symptoms, all for the sake of protecting that tuitiion, room and board revenue streams

There was a fantastic article I believe in the atlantic a couple months back that detailed our unversities are like the only institution in the world thats been able to not change or improve their product really at all in 100 years yet tuition has soared, in some cases by 40000%.....

This is his pinned tweet. Self awareness level of 0.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They're doing in person. I posted some quotes from their president yesterday. He voted against football, but when it came to classes he was full go. 

"I’d like to give the community the chance to actually figure out together, with us, how we can coexist with a disease that none of us welcomes, that’s a real problem for everybody."

He's been talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Sounds like a real clown. I bet he's one of the loonies who think 100,000 people show up in the fall just to see the band play at halftime and get a football game as a bonus. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

To be a fly on the wall for that convo. Trump asking bats#!t crazy questions and Warren spending 30 minutes not answering them. 

I was actually thinking: Trump asking serious questions about the well being of economic impact on universities and cities with Warren siting there trying to figure out how ihs agenda was going to get pushed without saying anything.

• Plus1 2

This is another non-response response from the Big Ten. It's not even signed.

I think the fastest way to not have a Big Ten season is for people like Trump to try to make it a political football. The last thing the presidents & chancellors want is to be perceived as having endorsed a candidate.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

It's all about monetary mitigation. They don't want the lawsuits from players getting sick, permanently disabled or dying from Covid, but at the same time they want the tuition $$$ to keep flowing in.

The bold is 1,000% correct. Colleges have become way too expensive. And they're top-heavy with administration, most/all of whom are making six figures.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Has he deleted all of his past false predictions? It'd be interesting to put on a calendar all the dates he said the season was going to start.

Haha, no he hasn't and he's pretty much predicted every start date you can have at this point. When they do play he can find his tweet, retweet it and look like he called it. I don't think his source is legit, but it's fun entertainment since we don't have football.