Rumors and news of a B1G football season

2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Haha, no he hasn't and he's pretty much predicted every start date you can have at this point. When they do play he can find his tweet, retweet it and look like he called it. I don't think his source is legit, but it's fun entertainment since we don't have football.

And he's not a d-bag about it, that I can tell. I haven't followed him much because it's not a schtick I'm into, but it seems like he's just having fun with it.

I wonder if @SirYacht is this guy, or just someone who capitalized on the name?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

lol, such a walking f'n contradiction.  On one hand, no sports to protect liability from student athletes getting covid and potentially having severe symptoms... But lets cram 30k 18-22 year olds and make a mini city but potentially expose them severe symptoms, all for the sake of protecting that tuitiion, room and board revenue streams

There was a fantastic article I believe in the atlantic a couple months back that detailed our unversities are like the only institution in the world thats been able to not change or improve their product really at all in 100 years yet tuition has soared, in some cases by 40000%.....

So many cracks in society that are being exposed right now

Change or improve? Just imagine how cheap higher education would be if it hadn't changed over the last 100 years. Improve? Well that can be up for discussion but most improvements cost money. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont worship any one political party or president for that matter. I lean more right than left yes. So you can make your political posts 100 times a day but you cant handle hearing a contrary thought? I was just having a little fun because Fauci was allowed to change his mind every 2 days because he has new information. But Sir Yacht cant update with new information on a subject that is obviously fluid and probably changing every hour.

PS I have no idea if Yacht man is full of s#!t or not. Just drawing a comparison for your own personal growth.

What?

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont worship any one political party or president for that matter. I lean more right than left yes. So you can make your political posts 100 times a day but you cant handle hearing a contrary thought? I was just having a little fun because Fauci was allowed to change his mind every 2 days because he has new information. But Sir Yacht cant update with new information on a subject that is obviously fluid and probably changing every hour.

PS I have no idea if Yacht man is full of s#!t or not. Just drawing a comparison for your own personal growth.

Epidemiologists often change their minds when new information becomes available. As well they should. It's the nature of the job.

Anybody who expected a consistent message from them that didn't change to include the latest best evidence doesn't understand what they do.

Just FYI :thumbs

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Stop with the political crap in this thread. Go to the myriad of other threads that have devolved into that nonsense. @Huskers93-97

31 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And he's not a d-bag about it, that I can tell. I haven't followed him much because it's not a schtick I'm into, but it seems like he's just having fun with it.

I wonder if @SirYacht is this guy, or just someone who capitalized on the name?

Ya he seems like a decent guy that is just having fun with it.

• Haha 1
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

Epidemiologists often change their minds when new information becomes available. As well they should. It's the nature of the job.

Anybody who expected a consistent message from them that didn't change to include the latest best evidence doesn't understand what they do.

Just FYI :thumbs

So Sir Yacht. Assuming he does have actual insider info. That info is probably fluid and changing all the time. Should we not expect his information is going to change and update with new information as talks progress?

• Plus1 1

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

So Sir Yacht. Assuming he does have actual insider info. That info is probably fluid and changing all the time. Should we not expect his information is going to change and update with new information as talks progress?

One guy is a world-renowned epidemiologist. The other is a podcaster.

Do the math.

• Plus1 3

Dammit this thread was supposed to stick with Football and any rumors that would keep our hopes alive for our favorite fall sport. The other thread is for politics and virus discussion. There is nothing to see here...please disperse.:duel

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I assume you are kidding? I have been reading Knapp's political posts in almost every thread on this FOOTBALL board. I take 2 good natured jabs at Knapp and all of a sudden political posts need to go somewhere else? haha. Its funny how the people who share the same political views as Knapp are fine with HIS political posts. But no one elses if they dont agree 

I for one didn't say jack. I just tried to give some context on what epidemiologists do.

Personally I think people are a little too quick to get butthurt and freak out anytime anything political seeps in here.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1