Big 10 laughing stock of college football

Omaha fan

5 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just mean culturally we dont fit in the big 10. Maybe you like the elitist attitude and makes you feel special to be associated with a bunch of snobs. We love Nebraska FOOTBALL. We would be better fit in the SEC where they have a passion for football. It would allow us to recruit the parts of the country we need to be successful. Football 1, School 2. I know you are a school 1, football 2 kind of guy. Thats fine. good for you. But I dont think the overall sentiment of most nebraskans agree with you- i think they would agree with me. SEC would offer similiar money and its only a matter of time before they pass the BIG10 for biggest earning. SO more than anything if we wanted out of the big12 we should have chosen better. The BIG10 was the rebound girl. 

I am sure the SEC would LOVE to schedule us with LSU, Bama, Georgia, and Florida nearly every year.  And so would those teams.  At this point in the game we would be another bottom feeder to them (Missouri/Texas AM). Last I checked, Nebraska is in the Midwest and the SEC or SOUTHEASTERN conference is not in the Midwest.  Plus in the B1G West, we just have to be better than Wisconsin to win the division year in and year out.  This is merely a hurdle to get over rather than a mountain that we would have to climb in either SEC division.  And losing in the B1G championship game lands us in the Rose Bowl....not bad!  For the money, notoriety and 'fit', the B1G is our best bet.  Sure beats being a part of the Texas conference as one of their lowly servants and the ACC is in another universe along with the Pac 12.  So out of the power 5 conferences, our best bet is the B1G...TO got it right, again.  We landed in the best spot out of the five choices, but this may change once the realignment happens again...which it will here in a few short years.  But being apart of one of the two "highly edumucated virtue signaling" power 5 conferences during a moderate pandemic has its draw backs, which we are finding out right now.  

• Fire 1