Huskerboard's Favorite Musical Artist Tournament

Ulty

On 8/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, Ulty said:

This got me thinking though, since we don't have football, and there is nothing going on in the contest crib forum, would it be a fun diversion to do a Huskerboard tournament of favorite musical acts? Everyone nominates whoever they want and we dump them into a bracket then have voting threads all season long?

Inspired by JJ's thread where some of us struggled to name our favorite songs: 

Let's do something fun other than asinine political arguments and whining about no football. Nominate a few of your favorite bands or musical artists in this thread, and I can create a tournament in which Huskerboard votes to name the board's favorite band. 

Everyone can nominate up to 4 artists, and I'll create a bracket after we have plenty of candidates so we can start the voting process. Any genre, any time period, whoever you love! 

2005841876_HBbracket.thumb.JPG.005c2ae6e738f5ecfb90788a3f197a3c.JPG

• Plus1 3

And I thought ten songs was tough...nominate only 4? My initial list had 30+, but here goes.

AC/DC

Rolling Stones

Rush

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Still a whole bunch of low hanging fruit to nominate.

One suggestion, maybe bracket them by style or place of origination or something. Like;

English Invasion

North American

Metal/Hard Rock

Hodgepodge/Other

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And I thought ten songs was tough...nominate only 4? My initial list had 30+, but here goes.

AC/DC

Rolling Stones

Rush

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Still a whole bunch of low hanging fruit to nominate.

One suggestion, maybe bracket them by style or place of origination or something. Like;

English Invasion

North American

Metal/Hard Rock

Hodgepodge/Other

Those are good ideas, I hadn't thought about how to arrange the bracket.

And yeah, 4 bands is tough but I didn't want to deal with hundreds of bands. If this thread moves slow feel free to add more.