Huskerboard's Favorite Musical Artist Tournament

Ulty

My bad @Ulty  

You can remove mine if it helps with the music tourney.  No worries.

I'm kind of shocked we haven't filled out a 64 band tournament yet.  Would be cool to see who makes it to the sweet 16, great 8, final four.... Even though it doesn't really matter.  It's just for fun. 

Maybe others will play along that haven't yet??

ok, we've got 42 bands nominated now, so f#&% it, I'm just gonna beef up the whole bracket to 64 bands, and they will be seeded in order of record sales (to the best of my knowledge with limited research). Every artist nominated in this thread gets a spot, and the field of 64 will then be filled out using this list of best-selling musical artists.

Now, in filling out the list to get to 64, I discovered that there are A LOT of s#!tty artists who have sold a ton of records, while many of the good groups that my Huskerboard brethren have nominated are criminally underrated. However, I feel that quality over quantity will bear itself out during the voting.

In my limited research, I did find some fun tidbits of trivia, such as the Ramones have sold more t-shirts than actual albums (although I never found an actual number). I also did not find record sales for the Byrds (too early perhaps?) so I will put them in the middle of the list somewhere.

So anyone: feel free to post more of your favorite bands until I get brackets posted. Any artist nominated by a HB member will bump a non-nominated yet high selling crappy artist from the list. 

• Plus1 1

Quite a few of these were tougher than I’d hoped for, for the first round. Particularly Metallica vs GnR and Garth vs Jimi. To a lesser extent Billy Joel-Byrd’s, Sinatra-Doors & Phil C-Nirvana. Would’ve preferred to have been able to vote for all of these mentioned, at least once anyway.  But you did a pretty good job of seeding/bracketing as there was only one matchup where I had no preference because I didn’t like either one....Kanye vs Justin T.

I have a feeling the 2nd round is going to start getting really tough to pick.

• Plus1 1

Time for round two! Some last minute voting this morning decided a few contests. The second round will have some very difficult matchups. I'll go ahead and post each group by their "region", and the new sets of polls will be up later today:

The Beatles Region: 

2045891572_HBBeatlesreg.JPG.4d1aa32234b7464b45c4f50f9bc038c9.JPG

The Elvis Region:

387005745_HBElvisreg.JPG.dab94e912e2b47b88c17803d2aad703b.JPG

The Michael Jackson Region:

595502815_HBMJreg.JPG.9d1d60e80c4612bec5298dd758ee7709.JPG

The Elton Region:

318847802_HBEltonreg.JPG.2177be217167bfe95c8ceafc056ba566.JPG

*looks at bracket* daf.... i mean what the hell are some of you listening to? justin bieber really? taylor swift? baby jesus is crying right now. i saw prince listed but not make the bracket. how? he is literally one of the best artists of all time. i really have no words.

and maybe i should start reading more of the board. great concept, horrible tastes in music.

Edited by desertshox
i should have looked more closely
2 hours ago, desertshox said:

*looks at bracket* daf.... i mean what the hell are some of you listening to? justin bieber really? taylor swift? baby jesus is crying right now. i saw prince listed but not make the bracket. how? he is literally one of the best artists of all time. i really have no words.

and maybe i should start reading more of the board. great concept, horrible tastes in music.

No one nominated Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift, they were filled into the bracket based on record sales to complete the field of 64. And they were quickly dispatched in the first round. 

Conclusion? HB has better musical tastes than the general public. Have faith amigo.

• Plus1 1