QB A.J. Bianco [Hawai'i Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

12 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bianco commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 7 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only a low 3* from 247, with nothing from Rivals so far. But OTOH, at least his highlight reel shows a lot more than just backing up a mile and throwing a bomb like Torres...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of this kid.  I'd say he moves my needle more than Torres.  But poor Torres, that kid's film has so many breakdowns on the OL.  I like this kids technique and accuracy better.  Since we are not in on any real stud, I'd be a fan of getting Torres and this kid.  I could see Torres here for a couple of season and then a send off to a lower school for sure.  I just don't know if we can really develop at the QB position yet so I can't project in my mind what we would do with any QB.  Guess Martinez has baffled or blinded my eyes from seeing what our coaches can do at that position.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I'm a fan of this kid.  I'd say he moves my needle more than Torres.  But poor Torres, that kid's film has so many breakdowns on the OL.  I like this kids technique and accuracy better.  Since we are not in on any real stud, I'd be a fan of getting Torres and this kid.  I could see Torres here for a couple of season and then a send off to a lower school for sure.  I just don't know if we can really develop at the QB position yet so I can't project in my mind what we would do with any QB.  Guess Martinez has baffled or blinded my eyes from seeing what our coaches can do at that position.

Just seems like Frost specifically has a history of high level qb play as a coach. Verduzco seemed to do just fine with a no name qb at UCF. Was that blind luck? I am not quite sure honestly but I do like the high ceilings of our last 2 qbs. Haarberg and Torres are massive qbs with high level athleticism and exceptionally strong arms. Haarberg needs reps and from what we know of Torres so far it is the same case. All of this also means nothing if Martinez comes back for his Sr year after this year as it means these guys have a couple years to develop. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

^^ Agreed. 

I had a phrase I taught my tennis players ... "solid play wins the day".  It would just be nice to see this in each game so that one can more discern the growth or potential of each person at a position.  It feels weird to be this far into this coaching staff and to still feel "iffy", at least on the offensive side.  The OL is feeling like a good direction for sure.

"Solid play", for me, means we win 7-8 games and we build off that momentum into a really easy schedule next year were 9 wins is possible.  Then, I think we can sell some "Frost Effect" into recruiting.  If not ... it's sour grapes and a change.  Winning 5-6 games after adding in Fordham just doesn't seem to sit in my spirit well.  But, maybe we play hard and play well ... but just don't get it done ... that is okay for me.  I just want to see the "solid play" and believe that that can "win the day".

• Mavric changed the title to QB A.J. Bianco [Hawai'i Commit]