Keyshawn Greene Leaving

On 9/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, krc1995 said:

He's  only in the portal.  I'm sure someone will take him, but going into the portal doesn't mean your gone-yet.  Was it Vedral that went into the portal, didn't find what he was looking for, and was back on the roster that season? 

I wish the portal was open to public viewing.  That would be fun. 

he is in the portal for a reason, looking to start somewhere, as a 4 star kid he expects to start. rating was bad?

On 9/5/2020 at 8:38 AM, bugeater17 said:

Could it also be that he is currently buried on the depth chart? While he was a highly rated recruit and was also told there would be a shot to contribute immediately- he’s likely 3rd or 4th team on the depth chart which is hard for a high 4star to deal with. Honas, Miller, Heinrich, and Reimer are for sure ahead of him right now. Matuga-Clements is also possibly ahead as well. 

Not saying you’re wrong, but if you’re right....see ya!!!!

i don’t care what you’re rated on some website, you’re expected to come in and compete as a true freshman out of HS. 

If you’re not even willing to go through one fall camp or season to see how it goes, you aren’t what Frost is looking for. 

I just don’t understand how someone can be that good of an athlete and be scared of competing. 

With everything going on with Covid, I just cant imagine how hard it is for these guys.

Not only are some of their family fighting this nasty thing but losing jobs as well.

If he isnt sure if he will play, why not try and go back home but stay on scholarship and do classes remotely for now?

Either way, I hope things work out for Keyshawn in whatever he decides. 

• Plus1 3
25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is he has family issues to deal with.  Apparently told some of the other guys he might not even play football any more.

The people jumping to conclusions on these kids leaving are really ridiculous. Gray left for family issues as well and is playing closer to home. Francois I don't think was ever settled in his decision to move so far away and then football stops and he heads home and now Greene may have family issues too. I went to school 3 hours from home and got home sick often and could drive back. These kids are moving across the country it doesn't have to be some systemic issue with Frost or NU or culture sometimes kids have things come up in life especially this year.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The people jumping to conclusions on these kids leaving are really ridiculous. Gray left for family issues as well and is playing closer to home. Francois I don't think was ever settled in his decision to move so far away and then football stops and he heads home and now Greene may have family issues too. I went to school 3 hours from home and got home sick often and could drive back. These kids are moving across the country it doesn't have to be some systemic issue with Frost or NU or culture sometimes kids have things come up in life especially this year.

1.  Florida Atlantic may be in the same state, but this isn't close to home at all for Greene.  It's at least an 8 hr drive.  

2.  Greene is an elite athlete, but he wasn't a D1 ready prospect.  He needed a year or 2 in the S&C program. 

3.  On signing day, he said something to the effect he knew he could go to NU & start right away easily.  I remember thinking he was in for a rude awakening.  If I'm going to speculate on his decision to leave, I think his destination speaks volumes. 

• Plus1 2