What Should Big Ten Say To Husker Fans?

56 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I would advise the Big Ten Board and Special K to speak openly, honestly and truthfully.  Should have all along.  

Have a public meeting and a final vote on a real plan.  They have had months to formulate options and contingencies.  

At this point, the only reasonable option is the Oct start with a ten game schedule plus a championship with bowl games optional for as many teams as get invites.

I dont see much value to spring or jan start to an exhibition type six game deal. I doubt the domes are even available due to NFL conflicts etc., and with no fans and poor TV $, the cost may be as bad as cancelling anyway.  Play meaningless (almost) games.  There is no guarantee the medical issues (whatever they are now) will be any better and could be worse.  Winter brings more illness and more cabin fever and less outdoor escapes.  Public social distancing fatigue is possible.  Risk of virus will still be present.  Maybe a vaccine is available that reduces death by 30% but frankly, death is not the real issue as young people are not dying now and never have.  

The primary fear seems to be infection (cases) and some as of yet unknown and speculative negative lasting effects.  

What?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Of course army played... who’s the ultimate commander in chief???

isnt it ironic known and widespread risk of brain injury and bodily harm doesn’t derail football. But the .000001% chance over severe side effect does?

I find it ironic that you use fake numbers to try and make your point seem valid.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, teachercd said:

Watching these other games makes me realize how stupid the Big Ten was.

ARMY f#&%ing played today.

As much as I loved watching my Alma Mater play and open a can of whoop a$$, the Academies are apples and oranges compared to other universities. They can test ALL students frequently, restrict cadets to post, put teachers and staff through rigorous screening/testing protocols, and they also control what a visiting team has to do before coming onto post (I believe Middle TN had to come 2 weeks early and all got tested). Essentially West Point created a bubble for the corps, not sure any other university can even come close to what they did. 

I loved having a team I root for play on Saturday and wish the Huskers could, and I believe should, play, but holding up Army as an example that any school can do it if they did isn’t a great comparison IMO.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1