Huskers and BLM

I heard it is possible BLM will be imprinted on Husker helmets. Politics should stay out of college sports.

Yes, I created an account so I could report this news I heard today about BLM being put on helmets. Why?  Because I love the Huskers.  I also loved the.NBA, but can’t stomach watching the games with BLM being plastered all over.  It’s fine to support racial injustice, but that is no at all what BLM is about.  Check out blacklivesmatter.com and you will see it’s about supporting and promoting Marxism.  I won’t be able to stomach supporting the Huskers if they support And promote Marxism.

Edited by PJAnthony
None
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, PJAnthony said:

I heard it is possible BLM will be imprinted on Husker helmets. 

Where did you hear this?

9 minutes ago, PJAnthony said:

Politics should stay out of college sports.

It's never a bad time to advocate for civil liberties. Why did this particular issue so trigger you to create an account and have this be your first HB post?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, PJAnthony said:

I heard it is possible BLM will be imprinted on Husker helmets. Politics should stay out of college sports.

So, you figured you'd go ahead and create a thread in the sports area of the website to talk about politics? Seems a bit hypocritical.

• Plus1 8

IMO this is a non-issue. I don't care what's on the players helmets, but even so, supporting something like BLM doesn't really feel like that big of a deal to me.

If politics should be kept out of sports, we should probably have honest conversations about removing the national anthem and any uniforms/badges that draw attention to the American flag, right?

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Enhance said:

IMO this is a non-issue. I don't care what's on the players helmets, but even so, supporting something like BLM doesn't really feel like that big of a deal to me.

If politics should be kept out of sports, we should probably have honest conversations about removing the national anthem and any uniforms/badges that draw attention to the American flag, right?

The only reason TV networks started broadcasting the national anthem in the first place was that the U.S. Military threw $ to the NFL and the networks to show the anthem being played before the games on Sundays.  It was done as a marketing ploy to boost recruitment.

• Plus1 6
24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The only reason TV networks started broadcasting the national anthem in the first place was that the U.S. Military threw $ to the NFL and the networks to show the anthem being played before the games on Sundays.  It was done as a marketing ploy to boost recruitment.

Yep. Same with military fly-overs.

I love my country, and I actually like singing the anthem, and I really dig fly-overs. And yet I think we need to demilitarize college sports, especially college football.

We sing the National Anthem before every sporting event. Pro, college, high school, everything. It's really a weird crossover thing to do if you think about it.

• Plus1 7

It's not that big of a deal, but I as well am getting tired of all this crap. I just find it odd that liking America is seen as a bad thing these days. I find that unsettling and foolish. It shows that people are very uneducated and have never traveled outside of the United States. There is no better place in the world - especially people of color. Can it still get better? Yes, but there are no more laws that hold people of color back, and actually there are many in their favor. So now it is more of changing people's minds I guess. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I just find it odd that liking America is seen as a bad thing

Nobody thinks this. We all just think:

21 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Can it still get better? Yes

22 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

there are no more laws that hold people of color back

This isn't true, and it ignores the fact that, where there aren't specific laws holding PoC back, there's still racist barriers built into our society that hold them back. 

23 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

It shows that people are very uneducated

Agreed.

• Plus1 2

The team wouldn't need to put BLM on their helmets if  attitudes like that of the OP weren't still prevalent. In fact that would solve lots of problems. No more protests turning violent and destructive. Imagine a world where everyone is treated the same and skin color doesn't matter. But all PJ is concerned about is a team supporting an issue that he doesn't think is worthy. If that's what it takes to lose you as a fan, buh bye. Don't let the door hit ya in the a$$.

• Plus1 3