This Got Me Thinking

Roxy15

21 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Who laughed? I must have missed the funny part.  I wouldn’t doubt Devine  intervention to punish us for Trump and all of his transgressions.   If we re-elect him, maybe we’re all screwed.  

I'm one of the 3 people who laughed. God didn't make Covid happen. At most, God didn't intervene. Toddlers get cancer and die. Good people die all of the time. That isn't God punishing us and neither is this. It's just something that happens.

The post isn't cruel but it uses the same logic that leads people to blaming homosexuality for everything.

• Plus1 7
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I'm one of the 3 people who laughed. God didn't make Covid happen. At most, God didn't intervene. Toddlers get cancer and die. Good people die all of the time. That isn't God punishing us and neither is this. It's just something that happens.

The post isn't cruel but it uses the same logic that leads people to blaming homosexuality for everything.

So are you saying you have God figured out?

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I am replying to a post that says "God has taken away everything we worship."

Why didn't you make the same reply to said post?

I commend you for admitting to being one of the laughers.
To answer your question, I didn’t because the OP wasn’t laughing or otherwise denigrating anyone else’s view on God.  Why did you laugh at her’s?  That’s why I responded the way I did.   

4 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I commend you for admitting to being one of the laughers.
To answer your question, I didn’t because the OP wasn’t laughing or otherwise denigrating anyone else’s view on God.  Why did you laugh at her’s?  That’s why I responded the way I did.   

The post says we are all being punished, including with death, for liking sports, music, etc. I think that's really silly so I laughed. If someone obsesses over the old testament there is some reason to believe God would do something like that, but most of the time people just bring this disaster as punishment stuff up to blame people they don't like.

• Plus1 1