CB James Monds III [Indiana - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

42 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Monds commit?

• Nebraska
    • Michigan State
    • Penn State
    • Cincinnati
    • Indiana

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Decked said:

Yeah he’s Indy bound. Can’t say I blame him. Tom Allen is a helluva coach and Frost is just trying to stay afloat 

@Decked ... do you really think he is just trying to stay afloat?

For me, if that is the case ... I want him fired today.  I don't think the leadership thinks that ... nor Scott.  I'm thinking that with Scott's integrity ... that if he felt he couldn't get it done ... he would step away.  Maybe that's just me ... but that's what I think.

I like that thought, "just trying to stay afloat", to describe what it feels like.  My perception is that that is actually where Scott is.  I think he is in and it's above his head.  He noticed a ways in that his idea and plan wasn't good enough to be successful.  Now the question is if his course correction has enough time to surface.  Ya, it's a tough schedule this year in some folk's eyes ... but still, if he really has made progress we are going to see that in the games.  Regardless of wins/losses [which he will be judged by], I still think that if there is sound football, strong work ethic and real focus in the games ... I want Scott back.  Those UCF teams gelled on those key things and were able to take on a team like Auburn and beat them.  If he gets his new "rebuild" to play sound, strong and focused football all season ... my heart gives him another year regardless of record [I can't see it being 4-8 if we play hard].

Scott has really disappointed me thus far for sure ... but I sure hope no one will put up with "just trying to stay afloat".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

@Decked ... do you really think he is just trying to stay afloat?

For me, if that is the case ... I want him fired today.  I don't think the leadership thinks that ... nor Scott.  I'm thinking that with Scott's integrity ... that if he felt he couldn't get it done ... he would step away.  Maybe that's just me ... but that's what I think.

I like that thought, "just trying to stay afloat", to describe what it feels like.  My perception is that that is actually where Scott is.  I think he is in and it's above his head.  He noticed a ways in that his idea and plan wasn't good enough to be successful.  Now the question is if his course correction has enough time to surface.  Ya, it's a tough schedule this year in some folk's eyes ... but still, if he really has made progress we are going to see that in the games.  Regardless of wins/losses [which he will be judged by], I still think that if there is sound football, strong work ethic and real focus in the games ... I want Scott back.  Those UCF teams gelled on those key things and were able to take on a team like Auburn and beat them.  If he gets his new "rebuild" to play sound, strong and focused football all season ... my heart gives him another year regardless of record [I can't see it being 4-8 if we play hard].

Scott has really disappointed me thus far for sure ... but I sure hope no one will put up with "just trying to stay afloat".

Who in the heck is doing that?  You two are talking yourselves into a dither over this with no basis in facts.  Nobody is happy with the record.  Everyone's ultimate goal is still championships.  Just because it's taking longer than expected, doesn't mean they aren't still working towards those goals.  

If we fire Frost, he will go somewhere else and be a very successful coach.  

I'm so sick and tired of...OMG.....We haven't won enough in a few years so fire everyone!!!!  Meanwhile, every time you do that, the program does farther in the tank and is harder to pull it out.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who in the heck is doing that?  You two are talking yourselves into a dither over this with no basis in facts.  Nobody is happy with the record.  Everyone's ultimate goal is still championships.  Just because it's taking longer than expected, doesn't mean they aren't still working towards those goals.  

If we fire Frost, he will go somewhere else and be a very successful coach.  

I'm so sick and tired of...OMG.....We haven't won enough in a few years so fire everyone!!!!  Meanwhile, every time you do that, the program does farther in the tank and is harder to pull it out.

I didn't say any of that.  I think you mean to address your comment to Decked.  

Just now, BigRedN said:

I didn't say any of that.  I think you mean to address your comment to Decked.  

You said the following, which indicates you think he's just trying to stay afloat.

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I like that thought, "just trying to stay afloat", to describe what it feels like.  My perception is that that is actually where Scott is. 

Then you say this at the end which implies you think there very well might be people out there that feel that way.

but I sure hope no one will put up with "just trying to stay afloat".

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

You said the following, which indicates you think he's just trying to stay afloat.

Then you say this at the end which implies you think there very well might be people out there that feel that way.

So, I am saying that I agree with Decked that it "feels" that way ... and that it is my perception as well ... that it "feels" that way ... but if Scott is actually "just trying to stay afloat", in his mind ... then I want him fired today.

I think Scott still thinks he has a plan and it will work ... and I think the leadership think that.  I think that is great.  I want them to think and believe that.  For me, I think Scott had a plan and he was wrong ... then he adjusted.  Now I think he is on the better road in terms of the OL fix and some help on the DL.  

But, it doesn't matter what I think ... it's why I was asking Decked the question, "Does he believe that Frost is actually just trying to stay afloat".  If Scott is doing that ... if that is where he is ... then we are in really bad shape.  I don't believe that is the Scott Frost I have watched and known for all these years.  I think he is very much in it and trying and believing he is gonna turn it around.  For me, he surprised me a lot in his tenure in some real coaching pains.  He has been late to the dance in a number of areas as well.  It might be too late for him ... but the admin will give him two more years I believe.  So, if he is the great, amazing coach ... he's got two years to really blow us all away.  For me, he has blown me away in the opposite direction.  I still can't believe we are where we are ... and how many recruits that we were primed to bring in with the upward trajectory ... and now that window has sailed.  His balls are in a vice now.  If he is Houdini ... he will find his way.  Right now, his balls are in the rough and the program continues to lose respect really in every catagory. 

From what I've seen, Scott is probably like a Harbaugh and doing for us what Harbaugh did for Michigan.  I thought Scott was going to be a great coach.  If it is in him ... I think I would have seen shades of it all ready.  

May I ask, what do you point to in his tenure that gives you hope that he is this great coach?

For me, the percentages are leaning toward him being a lemon.  If he is gonna be the G.O.A.T then we are in for an amazing change this year and next.  Is one gonna get more than seven [7] years to prove that they are the real deal these days?  If so, okay ... but when you want to extend his contract, tell me how much you are paying Scott for another 5 years?  Are you gonna keep paying him as a "great coach"?

• Mavric changed the title to CB James Monds III [Indiana - Signed LOI]