Racial Equality

CyHawk

31 minutes ago, Enhance said:

In a perfect world where opportunities are equal and people are not discriminated against because of the color of their skin, whom they choose to take as a partner, what reproductive organ they were born with, etc., I would tend to agree.

But, I don't really have to go into detail about how we don't live in the perfect world... right?

This is a lazy and uninformed take. If one were to take the time to read the actual guidelines outlined by the academy, the 30 percent rule is only applied to ONE standard. A film must meet TWO of FOUR standards in order to be eligible for Best Picture. So, if meeting the 30 percent rule wouldn't apply to that movie's plot, they would simply need to meet one of the other standards.

Great, they have to meet 2 of 4 quotas. 

So best picture isn’t best picture anymore. It’s best picture who met 2 hiring quotas. 

Yes tell me again how bad women have  it, they make up the majority of college students and graduates, live longer etc etc 

• Plus1 2

If the OP wants to talk about racial equality, the 2 main revenue generating sports (football and men’s basketball) in college athletics are the comprised of majority poor, minority athletes. These 2 sports are main funding sources for all of the other college sports teams, which are comprised of more affluent, white athletes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/08/us/ncaa-student-athletes-equal-pay-trnd/index.html