BTN a total failure.

For years I've tuned into the BTN to get my college football information.  This fall they have disappeared and completely disappointed me.   Are they cowards and afraid to talk about football?  All they do is show reruns of old games.  No news on what is happening at various BIG 10 schools.  I've finally tuned into the SEC Paul Finebaum Show to find out what is happening in the BIG 10 and all of college football.  Is anyone else as disappointed in the BTN as I am? 

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

It's pretty much the All Ohio St/Michigan Channel anyway. I very rarely watch it. They only replayed 4 or 5 Husker games for the last 10 years. 

They only replay games if the BIG team wins. So....

I did watch the 2013 NU vs. Georgia game on the SEC network. 

• Plus1 1

There are so many topics that the BTN could report on, but choses to ignore.   Such as: 

> Which Universities have cut sports programs.

> How many people have been laid off from their Athletic Depts. 

> $ impact to each University budget. 

> $ impact to each University home town. 

> Which schools are having football practices & how often.

> What COVID-19 testing programs are on-going at each University. 

> What are the COVID-19 testing results at each schools football program.

Yet the BTN reports NOTHING.  Why are they HIDING during the biggest sports story in decades?  Is the BTN covering up the mistakes made by the BIG 10 leaders? 

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

They only replay games if the BIG team wins. So....

I did watch the 2013 NU vs. Georgia game on the SEC network. 

They show quite a few other teams bowl games including some from the 70's and early 80's. Here are some games they could show:

1. 1972 Notre Dame - Orange Bowl

2. 1973 Texas - Cotton Bowl

3. 1974 Florida -Sugar Bowl

4. 1982 LSU - Sugar Bowl

5. 1999 Tennessee - Fiesta Bowl

6. 2000 Northwestern - Alamo Bowl

7.2003 Michigan St -Alamo Bowl

8. 2005 Michigan - Alamo Bowl

9 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

They show quite a few other teams bowl games including some from the 70's and early 80's. Here are some games they could show:

1. 1972 Notre Dame - Orange Bowl

2. 1973 Texas - Cotton Bowl

3. 1974 Florida -Sugar Bowl

4. 1982 LSU - Sugar Bowl

5. 1999 Tennessee - Fiesta Bowl

6. 2000 Northwestern - Alamo Bowl

7.2003 Michigan St -Alamo Bowl

8. 2005 Michigan - Alamo Bowl

We weren’t  members of the BIG for any of those. So not to defend the BTN, but why would they and do they even have the rights? 

11 hours ago, IlliniHusker said:

There are so many topics that the BTN could report on, but choses to ignore.   Such as: 

> Which Universities have cut sports programs.

> How many people have been laid off from their Athletic Depts. 

> $ impact to each University budget. 

> $ impact to each University home town. 

> Which schools are having football practices & how often.

> What COVID-19 testing programs are on-going at each University. 

> What are the COVID-19 testing results at each schools football program.

Yet the BTN reports NOTHING.  Why are they HIDING during the biggest sports story in decades?  Is the BTN covering up the mistakes made by the BIG 10 leaders? 

To be fair, if they report on these issues they are essentially inviting their audience to unsubscribe until the sports come back.  And yes they probably don’t want to piss off the conference office or specific schools by pointing out the decision and that the consequences would only to rile up fan bases. A ‘don’t bite the hand that feeds you’ type of thing. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

To be fair, if they report on these issues they are essentially inviting their audience to unsubscribe until the sports come back.  And yes they probably don’t want to piss off the conference office or specific schools by pointing out the decision and that the consequences would only to rile up fan bases. A ‘don’t bite the hand that feeds you’ type of thing. 

Completely agree with your take.  Expecting a conference TV network to criticize said conference seems like not such a great idea.  That being said, I was really impressed with Dave Revsine's interview with Kevin Warren, I was expecting a total fluff interview but Revsine asked him some tough questions.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I have relied on BTN in the past.

Living in Fl now. Most football news and games are local. SEC games.

So I have had to pay the cable company extra, for the sports package, to get BTN.

So this yr, without games, and consistent B1G news, I haven't purchased the sports package.

I do agree there is plenty they could report on, but don't.

1 hour ago, freelodr1 said:

I have relied on BTN in the past.

Living in Fl now. Most football news and games are local. SEC games.

So I have had to pay the cable company extra, for the sports package, to get BTN.

So this yr, without games, and consistent B1G news, I haven't purchased the sports package.

I do agree there is plenty they could report on, but don't.

The BTN task force can do hourly or even minute by minute, updates on cases, deaths, funerals, vaccine testing, as well as all the latest player transfers, scholarship vacancies and other fund saving measures to help the league out perform those lesser leagues that are so desperate as to dare to have actual sporting activities.  During those wee hours over night, BTN can run “the worst of” series of classic bowl and other SEC, Big 12, Big 8 and Big 6 games.