2020 Adjusted Big Ten Schedule and Bowl Season

3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Let's volunteer to play tOSU again.

Seriously... the season is nearly over and we need one of the OG schools in this conference on our side. I'd love to see us volunteer to cancel our game with minny and play the buckeyes instead. Show the conference folks that DONU is a team player!!

And yes, wouldn't it be funny that we rose up and beat them and ended all of OSU's shot at the NC.   Highly unlikely but amusing thought.

However, I'd prefer we play minni and let the Big 10 Know it Alls figure how to get out of this quagmire they got into .. on their own:snacks:  They broke the season, they got to fix it.

4 hours ago, ndobney said:

So they are willing to look at changing rules for osu but wouldn't let us play chattanooga. I get it rules for thee but not for me. Why did we come to this conference again?

Who is 'looking at changing the rules'? Unless I missed something, there's no indication that the Big Ten is actually considering such a thing. Some schmuck on a sports TV network talking out both sides of his mouth is irrelevant in this discussion - those guys aren't the ones who have any say in this.

44 minutes ago, Toe said:

Who is 'looking at changing the rules'? Unless I missed something, there's no indication that the Big Ten is actually considering such a thing. Some schmuck on a sports TV network talking out both sides of his mouth is irrelevant in this discussion - those guys aren't the ones who have any say in this.

The Big Ten itself

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Meh- don’t care that much until they change the rule that Ohio State can play outside the conference. Which they will have to do to get into the playoff. Correct? 

I think OSU can get into the playoff even if they did not play in the BIG CCG, but being the conference champion was going to increase their chances of making the playoff.  The only real rule that was in place was established by BIG leadership that a team must have played in 6 games to be considered for the BIG CCG.  Today they took away that rule to allow OSU in the game.  Had they kept the rule Indiana would be playing in the CCG so Indiana really got screwed.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think OSU can get into the playoff even if they did not play in the BIG CCG, but being the conference champion was going to increase their chances of making the playoff.  The only real rule that was in place was established by BIG leadership that a team must have played in 6 games to be considered for the BIG CCG.  Today they took away that rule to allow OSU in the game.  Had they kept the rule Indiana would be playing in the CCG so Indiana really got screwed.  

But to play in the playoff you have to play outside the conference, which is not allowed right now with BTN rules.  In one way, we all win if OSU can play for a NC but then it’s a kick in the crotch. 

I think this is 2009, put-the-second-back-on-the-clock for good ol' Mack Brown BS.

On some level, I'd be fine with this if Indiana lost to Purdue this weekend, but to declare it before the games are even played is a joke and an absolutely sh!tty way to treat the Indy coaches and players. 

If there's any cosmic justice in this Plague Year, tOSU will get curb-stomped in the playoffs. Roll Tide, I guess.