2020 Adjusted Big Ten Schedule and Bowl Season

4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

The Big Ten itself

So... they're saying that the team with the most wins in the East, who holds a head-to-head victory over the #2 team in the East, which wouldn't have changed even with a loss to Michigan, should be considered the champ of the East? And they're still not letting Ohio State schedule an out-of-conference game this weekend? And this is what people are getting their panties in a bunch about?

The B1G should have started games on Oct 4th or earlier. 

that’s  the story in a nutshell.

But they didn’t so now it’s the clowns getting out of the Keystone Car after they all piled in during the idiotic July/Aug “debates” on football. 

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Amen.

Well, Nebraska is stupid to want to play football at all since they're such huge losers. Amazing how much Frost has been made fun of for losing because he wanted to play, as if he or the players would prefer to be 0-0 instead of winless had they known ahead of time. There are a lot of athletes out there that would rather be winless than not play the game.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Toe said:

So... they're saying that the team with the most wins in the East, who holds a head-to-head victory over the #2 team in the East, which wouldn't have changed even with a loss to Michigan, should be considered the champ of the East? And they're still not letting Ohio State schedule an out-of-conference game this weekend? And this is what people are getting their panties in a bunch about?

They don't have the most wins. tOSU is 5-0, Indiana is 6-1. The h2h tiebreaker rule is only supposed to apply if there's an actual tie.  ESPN updated their rankings to show tOSU, a lot of other sites still have Indiana at 1.

Granted there's a pandemic going on, but IMHO Indiana should have been given the opportunity to play their way into the championship. Beat Purdue this weekend and they are in. Lose and they are out. 7-1 beats 5-0, 5-0 beats 6-2.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently IN-Purdue is also cancelled. They're saying it's COVID but I'd be curious if the decision came before or after the tOSU vote. The ESPN story doesn't make the timeline clear, although the tOSU story posted at 11am and the Indiana-Purdue cancelation at 1pm. :dunno

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, Toe said:

Not sure but my panties haven't been bunched all season.  I'm just glad we had football of any kind.  I was just posting the decision.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, quesadilla said:

They don't have the most wins. tOSU is 5-0, Indiana is 6-1. The h2h tiebreaker rule is only supposed to apply if there's an actual tie.  ESPN updated their rankings to show tOSU, a lot of other sites still have Indiana at 1.

Ah, my bad. But I guess the way I look at the situation is that changing the 6-win rule isn't the stupid part, it's the original sin of the compressed schedule with no chance to make up games that was stupid. That's what got us into this mess in the first place. The original plan that put in some potential makeup dates was much better.

9 hours ago, Toe said:

Ah, my bad. But I guess the way I look at the situation is that changing the 6-win rule isn't the stupid part, it's the original sin of the compressed schedule with no chance to make up games that was stupid. That's what got us into this mess in the first place. The original plan that put in some potential makeup dates was much better.

I agree. It’s annoying to hear people complain about OSU. OSU is undefeated, and beat Indiana. OSU had two games cancelled by the other teams. There was nothing more they could have done. Dumb rule by the B1G in a long line of dumb decisions by the B1G.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Indiana has their own COVD issues.  I think both Indiana and Purdue both requested the cancellation of their game this weekend.

I saw it was mutual, but didn’t hear that Indiana had covid problems. I guess they’re close in proximity, so that’s probably it. Just thought the “mutuality” could be gameplay to force a rematch with OSU. But since the BIG gave the game allowance to OSU, I guess there is no incentive for OSU to play a rematch. 

18 hours ago, quesadilla said:

Granted there's a pandemic going on, but IMHO Indiana should have been given the opportunity to play their way into the championship. Beat Purdue this weekend and they are in. Lose and they are out. 7-1 beats 5-0, 5-0 beats 6-2.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently IN-Purdue is also cancelled. They're saying it's COVID but I'd be curious if the decision came before or after the tOSU vote. The ESPN story doesn't make the timeline clear, although the tOSU story posted at 11am and the Indiana-Purdue cancelation at 1pm. :dunno

Just curious your reasoning to why 7-1 beats 5-0, but 5-0 beats 6-2? I mean 5-0 is still a better win percentage than 7-1, and on the flip side 6 wins is still more than 5 wins. I guess I'm just wondering your reasoning on that. 

BTW, either way I'm in the camp that OSU should be in the title game. Mostly just because not only have they not lost but they're clearly the best team in the conference. Also B1G botched this whole season completely. Right wrong or otherwise, OSU is probably the only team they would have changed the rules for, and they for sure would have never changed the rules if we were in the same situation. 

• Plus1 1

Fate always has a way of revealing truths and it's fate that is showing how the B1G conference blotched nearly every decision of this season. The only save IMO is the decision to allow tOSU into the conference title game and hope its enough to keep them in the playoff. That said, I'm not counting Northwestern out... tOSU has only played 1 game in 3 weeks while Northwestern continues to do what they do.. win by grinding defense and burning clock on offense.. I'd be shocked (as everyone would be) if Northwestern wins. I can't however say I'd be surprised and really, if fate holds true to revealing the B1G's ineptness then would it be that much of a shocker in the first place?

• Plus1 1