Who are you currently planning to vote for? (Mid-September 2020 edition)

2020 General Election  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

So far, this largely tracks with what much of public polling tells us - people have largely made their minds already this time and there's just not very many undecideds left out there.

That said, looking at he results, maybe there is something to these accusations of P&R being a liberal echo chamber. :lol:

3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

I wouldnt call it an echo chamber. Many conservatives that will be voting for Biden. Id call it most people have a functioning brain while a tiny number need an MRI to see if they even have one to begin with. 

As for the liberal echo chamber, I don’t see much enthusiasm for Biden the candidate. However, I see a ton of people excited to remove Trump from the WH. I suppose that may feel like a liberal echo chamber to those who support Trump but this poll would indicate we have a lot of conservatives and moderates who simply have a brain and hate Trump. I can identify.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

As for the liberal echo chamber, I don’t see much enthusiasm for Biden the candidate. However, I see a ton of people excited to remove Trump from the WH. I suppose that may feel like a liberal echo chamber to those who support Trump but this poll would indicate we have a lot of conservatives and moderates who simply have a brain and hate Trump. I can identify.

I second this opinion.

If the past 4 years hadn't happened, and this was an election between an incumbent Clinton and John Kasich, I'd most likely be voting R.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If we moved towards sanity, Kasich is probably in a pretty ideal position for a Republican. Rubio seemed sane in 2016 but now he has a s#!t record.

I think most here would find Kasich a palatable alternative to what the GOP is offering now.

But I don't think he'd get out of the primary. Or Nikki Haley. Or anyone relatively moderate. Right now from what I've seen the frontrunners if Trump loses are... evangelic hero Pence, prodigal son Donald Trump Jr., right wing zealot Tom Cotton, faux populist and TV personality Tucker Carlson.

I'm even seeing some people suggesting that if he loses Trump himself would automatically be the odds-on favorite to be their nominee again in 2024.

• Plus1 1
On 9/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, TGHusker said:

Have to vote for Biden.  Am I excited - No - you all know I'm more conservative. But I'm excited that he has the capability of removing Trump from the WH.   It time for all good men and women (regardless of political bent) to come to the aid of our country and Trump is a very clear and present danger to our country.

I really wish more Republicans were as honest, levelheaded and forthwith as you. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I really wish more Republicans were as honest, levelheaded and forthwith as you. 

You have to put country first- always and not party.  I've studied history all of my life as a student (History undergrad major) and as a 'hobby'.  I've forgotten too much of it.  But one thing I remember is that you have to take the long term view.  History cycles.  Would I rather have a more conservative president than Biden/Harris - yes.  But long term, we have to take care of the worse problem before us now - which is Trump. Eventually the pendulum will swing back but hopefully with a more moderate swing.  Trump was a hard swing to the right.

None of the previous presidents, right, left, or moderate, ruined America but I fear for America in this multimedia world if Trump is re-elected.  The ability to foster cult like allegiance and to spread false information is much higher at this time then in any previous generations.    While Reagan was concerned about communism in the quote below, today's threat is authoritarianism  and his quote is equally applicable to that threat - a threat that will be heightened by Trump's re-election.

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

3543.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

3543.jpg

Funny thing I saw the other day: A bumper sticker with a picture of Reagan and that quote, right next to a Trump 2020 sticker 

12 minutes ago, GSG said:

Funny thing I saw the other day: A bumper sticker with a picture of Reagan and that quote, right next to a Trump 2020 sticker 

from "tear down that wall" to "build the wall".  what a long strange journey the party has taken.  when i voted for Reagan i was 18 and never imagined the party would devolve to it's current mess.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, commando said:

from "tear down that wall" to "build the wall".  what a long strange journey the party has taken.  when i voted for Reagan i was 18 and never imagined the party would devolve to it's current mess.  

I saw a different car on Sunday when we were riding our bikes that had a ton of religious stickers "Be More Like Jesus" etc. and then a bunch of Trump ones too. Mind boggling 

8 minutes ago, commando said:

I was 24 when I voted for Reagan in 1980.   He wasn't perfect but he met the #1 challenge of his day - Soviet Communism and the world is better for it.   Trump has drastically failed at the challenge of his day yet he thinks his mug should be on Mt Rushmore.  What a buffoon!

27 minutes ago, GSG said:

And Trump likes to think he was the new and even greater Reagan.    He has falsely stated that Reagan had said after shaking a younger Trump's hand, that Reagan felt he had shaken the hand of a president.  Again - a part of the deceptive messiah complex and propagandizing that trump has done throughout the 2016 & 2020 campaigns.

• Plus1 1