Who are you currently planning to vote for? (Mid-September 2020 edition)

2020 General Election  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:41 AM, Danny Bateman said:

I think most here would find Kasich a palatable alternative to what the GOP is offering now.

But I don't think he'd get out of the primary. Or Nikki Haley. Or anyone relatively moderate. Right now from what I've seen the frontrunners if Trump loses are... evangelic hero Pence, prodigal son Donald Trump Jr., right wing zealot Tom Cotton, faux populist and TV personality Tucker Carlson.

I'm even seeing some people suggesting that if he loses Trump himself would automatically be the odds-on favorite to be their nominee again in 2024.

You gotta be sh#tting me :facepalm:

On 9/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, Danny Bateman said:

I think most here would find Kasich a palatable alternative to what the GOP is offering now.

But I don't think he'd get out of the primary. Or Nikki Haley. Or anyone relatively moderate. Right now from what I've seen the frontrunners if Trump loses are... evangelic hero Pence, prodigal son Donald Trump Jr., right wing zealot Tom Cotton, faux populist and TV personality Tucker Carlson.

I'm even seeing some people suggesting that if he loses Trump himself would automatically be the odds-on favorite to be their nominee again in 2024.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the cult during 4 years of Biden.  Will they fade (one can hope so) or will they maintain or even intensify their radical and divisive beliefs?   I don’t see Trump going away even if he’s forced out of the White House.  In addition to his nonsensical tweets,  he’ll be a regular on FOX or the like.   Pushing for Don Jr or Ivanka, etc. His sh!t-for-brains followers will eat that up too.  I’m praying for prison time.   

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens to the cult during 4 years of Biden.  Will they fade (one can hope so) or will they maintain or even intensify their radical and divisive beliefs?   I don’t see Trump going away even if he’s forced out of the White House.  In addition to his nonsensical tweets,  he’ll be a regular on FOX or the like.   Pushing for Don Jr or Ivanka, etc. His sh!t-for-brains followers will eat that up too.  I’m praying for prison time.   

Trump will be interfering in everyone's lives until he finally drops dead. Then we will continue to hear about his fail children until the house of cards falls in on them.

The cult will never go away though. It existed before Trump, they just didn't have a prominent central figure legitimizing their dips#!ttery on the world stage. Now that all of their worst qualities have been justified and they've seen each other out in the open they can all be mobilized. They'll keep rallying around the Trumps in the short-term until someone equally deplorable takes leadership of the cult.

We've seen that 40% of the country will never break from the party line under any circumstance and that will keep the cult alive indefinitely. How much of that 40% is part of the cult? Hard to tell. I'd wager it's an ever growing number though as the party has shifted to the alt-right making it seem inevitable for more extreme hate mongering politicians to fill our government.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I fear the answer, because they completely lost their s#!t over Obama who was a moderate. 

14 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

He will be using One America News,  OAN,  as his 'come back' vehicle for propaganda and to undercut anything Biden tries to do.  His followers will follow his every word and plot out how they can disrupt even more. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I guess my point is that the thoughtful and well supported opinions in HuskerBoard P&R do not reflect the larger Nebraska mindset. 

I lurk on other boards.

Reddit: Its a disgrace that Nebraska is even playing football this year. I'm embarrassed by my state and my football team. We must protect these players from themselves. This virus will kill millions if we continue to act like this.

Huskeronline: They shutdown football because of this HOAX virus? Its pretty much a common cold. November 4th will come and the virus will cease to exist. I don't see why memorial doesn't have 90,000 butts in the seats every Saturday.