The Mandalorian - Season 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I was getting too many spoilers from the interwebs so we binged the last few episodes tonight.

I have no idea where they go from this season. I liked the

Hide contents

character from the finale but it's clearly not sustainable long-term.

Liked a lot of the EU stuff they wove into the story. I think it's 50/50 that they axe the sequels and redo the entire post-ROTJ history after watching this season.

Ya I’m not sure either.

There has to be a big bad antagonist. And I don’t see this being a Mando only show. Setting the mando lady up as the big bad seems a little far fetched esp. if Grogu is trained. Maybe Gideon will get away or lead them toward his boss, maybe they try to delay Sidious’ creation.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Thoughts on finale and season 3:

Hide contents

The dark saber thing is a bit silly. Gideon just lost in battle and so Mando owns the saber. Which makes the thing about the lady mando defeating him not seem as dramatic as they’re making it out to be. They just showed 2 mins prior you can lose the saber without dying.

This show isn’t going to exist without a heavy dose of Grogu. I also don’t think we are going to have a lot of Luke scenes. My guess is at some point (I’d wager next season) we will have a time jump where we find out Grogu has been trained for a year or 2 and wants to rejoin Mando, and he’ll probably be able to speak some words at that point but still be cute.

Spoiler

The problem is that for Bo-Katan (Mando lady) to be able to take the Darksaber, the fight has to be legit. So while it can transition without the previous owner losing their life, a fight between Bo-Katan and Din would probably end poorly for one or the other.

Also I jumped out of my chair the second the X-Wing showed up.

Some thoughts on where Mando can go from here: 

Spoiler

- In terms of the Darksaber, it's a touch complicated (all of this comes from Clone Wars and Rebels), but Mandalorian culture states that whomever holds it is the Mandalore, or the leader of their society. It has to be won in single combat, not necessarily to the death . Bo-Katan is a strict believer in this (similar to Mando's creed regarding his helmet), which is why she is aghast when Mando is wielding the saber, and why she refuses to just take it from him. 

- Presumably, the next season will build upon the conflict(?) between Bo-Katan and Mando, and explore the reestablishment of the Mandalorian homeworld, and deal with the fallout of Mando and Grogu's separation. 

- Grogu won't be gone for very long; he and Mando's relationship is the heart of the show. There will be some plot movement to get him away from Luke and the Jedi Order, and back into the hands of the remnants of the Empire, presumably to use his blood to build Snoke clones. 

- I don't think we see Luke in the show again. It was utterly amazing to see him, but if they do want to go forward with a live action, RotJ-era Luke, they need to cast someone like Sebastian Stan to just play the part; the CGI wasn't bad, but it isn't sustainable for an entire series. 

• Plus1 1
On 12/19/2020 at 8:28 AM, Crusader Husker said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but...

Hide contents

Does this mean Grogu gets killed by Kylo Ren?

I watched it with my 11yo son.

He was super excited about the ending.  He loved it!

But once the show was over, it must of clicked because he started asking

Spoiler

if any of the young Jedi students survived.

I may have had a little to much fun this weekend re-enacting what noises Grogu might have made while being mutilated...My kid didn't think it was funny...

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Guys...

Hide contents

In the timeline, Ben Solo is, like, 4 years old. There's plenty of time for Grogu to get trained, leave Luke's academy and go road tripping with Mando again. 

That would give him 12-13 years? Right?

If Grogu is currently 50 and is the equivalent to a 12-18 month old human, I'd imagine he'd be entering his "terrible two's" at that point.

Now that would be a great show!  A cranky toddler with a light saber :lol:

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That would give him 12-13 years? Right?

If Grogu is currently 50 and is the equivalent to a 12-18 month old human, I'd imagine he'd be entering his "terrible two's" at that point.

Now that would be a great show!  A cranky toddler with a light saber :lol:

Wasn't that Anakin in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith? 

• Haha 1