The Mandalorian - Season 2

• 1 month later...

I finally binged this show about a week and a half ago and wow... loved just about every minute of season two. And that ending was immaculate. I felt like this guy watching it... just with less physical tears. But definitely felt a little burning in the throat as this scene was unfolding. The musical score was also :ahhhhhhhh so good.

Spoiler

• Fire 1
22 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I finally binged this show about a week and a half ago and wow... loved just about every minute of season two. And that ending was immaculate. I felt like this guy watching it... just with less physical tears. But definitely felt a little burning in the throat as this scene was unfolding. The musical score was also :ahhhhhhhh so good.

Hide contents

It's legitimately my favorite Star Wars property since RotJ, and I'd argue that, outside of The Clone Wars, it's the best Star Wars-anything since Empire. 

20 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's legitimately my favorite Star Wars property since RotJ, and I'd argue that, outside of The Clone Wars, it's the best Star Wars-anything since Empire. 

100% agree. I was admittedly lukewarm on Mando season one (felt like the plot structure was at times a bit bland and disjointed) but S2 exceeded all my expectations. 

After seeing this season, I would be in favor of a retcon and re-envisioning of the most recent trilogy. It sounds like such a strange and weird thing to say (not to mention it would be really confusing to the casual fan) but I continue to dislike and question it more and more. If S2 of Mando (and things like Rogue One) are possible, then how the hell did the most recent trilogy happen...

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

100% agree. I was admittedly lukewarm on Mando season one (felt like the plot structure was at times a bit bland and disjointed) but S2 exceeded all my expectations. 

After seeing this season, I would be in favor of a retcon and re-envisioning of the most recent trilogy. It sounds like such a strange and weird thing to say (not to mention it would be really confusing to the casual fan) but I continue to dislike and question it more and more. If S2 of Mando (and things like Rogue One) are possible, then how the hell did the most recent trilogy happen...

This is how I feel. Rouge One was a good to maybe great slide into a bunch of characters mostly not seen before with a plot point we already know about and just dives in. Who cares if all the characters don't tie into a previous or future property, just tell us a good story in a universe that has endless rabbit holes to explore. There is a whole bunch of fan service in Mando, that I am sure melts the butter of the clone wars fans, but it doesn't detract from the fact that the basic principles are set and don't need to be explained. Just sit down and enjoy another story.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

I keep seeing more supposed leaks that this is where things are heading.  It would definitely be odd but those three movies are such a terrible fit with everything else that I think it's probably going to happen in some form.  Latest I've seen is that they might not do new "movies" but will be three TV show seasons that have more of a movie feel.

I really wish they would have had the foresight to understand how crucial continuity is when dealing with the trilogy format.  They get JJ to start it, then Rian to take the next installment?  That alone was a massive error.  Then the 3rd was to be someone else but since Rian bumbled th story Jj had to come back.

I defended 7 and even 8 until 9 dropped because I wanted to judge it as a whole.  As stand alone films not compared to SW, I can enjoy the hell out of them.  As a SW trilogy, massive failure and to be honest a complete waste of the limited window we had with the original cast.  Ford would never come back for a retcon sequel and we lost Carrie.  I'll stand by my original point that it didn't matter how good the sequels would be because everyone would have massive criticisms due to the amount of time and nostalgia.  But they truly messed up.

The actress who played Cara dune has been fired.

'Mandalorian' actress Gina Carano fired after social media post backlash

Carano fell under heavy criticism after she posted that "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors ... even by children."

The actor continued to say, "Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"

Historically speaking, she's not wrong. And I get the point she's trying to make. Maybe there's a better way to say that but I'm kinda surprised she was fired for it. Maybe I'm being a bit too obtuse about her comments, though.

• Plus1 1
On 2/9/2021 at 10:31 PM, Redux said:

I'll stand by my original point that it didn't matter how good the sequels would be because everyone would have massive criticisms due to the amount of time and nostalgia.  But they truly messed up.

I can agree with this; although, I think the criticisms would've been far, far more muted with a more coherent direction and story arc. The prequel trilogy takes a lot of heat for its poor structure and storytelling (deservedly so I might add even though I still enjoy them). It was sort of the same issue, different problems with the newer trilogy.

The single biggest error the most recently trilogy made was its lack of coherent direction. It was an objective failure IMO and that's why everybody hates it. I think we all could've gotten by little issues (like Rose becoming a complete non-entity) but the fact that all of three of these trilogy movies make little to no sense overall as a unit is what's unfortunate.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, Moiraine said:

My theory atm is Grogu will help Mando take over Mandalor, even though he doesn’t want that. Then they will live happily ever after. And that will be why Grogu is too busy to help save the galaxy. 

That's kind of what I'm thinking, too. I can't imagine they will rapidly age Grogu but perhaps at some point Grogu ultimately decides being a Force user isn't what he wants and he cuts himself off.

12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Historically speaking, she's not wrong. And I get the point she's trying to make. Maybe there's a better way to say that but I'm kinda surprised she was fired for it. Maybe I'm being a bit too obtuse about her comments, though.

She tweeted a LOT more than just a commentary about Jewish persecution. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
29 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think this was just the last straw after a series of problematic tweets. She has posted anti-mask stuff, transphobic stuff, election fraud nonsense, promoted parler, and has denied systematic racism. And after taking heat for these terrible takes, she compares her plight as a Republican to Jews being slaughtered by Nazis. At best, her latest incident is in extremely poor taste, but taken in totality, there is no way Disney would want to be associated with that.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
55 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Apparently, her contract was not renewed in November, but Disney didn't say anything public about it. She was supposed to be the star of her own show, too, and it was going to be announced at Disney's Investors meeting, but her earlier tweets and social media posts put that to an end.