UNL President: B1G Football Announcement To Be Made Tonight

seaofred92

This is great if it was unintentional and even better if it was intentional. It at least pushes Warren and the B1G to make some comment instead of hiding in the dark. Good for Ted Carter. 

Sorry to pivot, but what I hope transpires out of all of this is that a national realignment occurs and Nebraska gets out of the B1G. Will be interesting to see the fallout. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

This is great if it was unintentional and even better if it was intentional. It at least pushes Warren and the B1G to make some comment instead of hiding in the dark. Good for Ted Carter. 

Sorry to pivot, but what I hope transpires out of all of this is that a national realignment occurs and Nebraska gets out of the B1G. Will be interesting to see the fallout. 

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I will say that is about the worst thing we could hope for out of this.  I can't imagine being able to make a better conference from scratch even. The old Big 8 teams don't have any clout and don't generate the TV dollars. And screw Texas. Anybody else is geographically too far removed. Where/What conference that provides near the benefits of the B1G would you have us go?

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I will say that is about the worst thing we could hope for out of this.  I can't imagine being able to make a better conference from scratch even. The old Big 8 teams don't have any clout and don't generate the TV dollars. And screw Texas. Anybody else is geographically too far removed. Where/What conference that provides near the benefits of the B1G would you have us go?

I hear that, but I’m referring to cutting out the G5 - which doesn’t get a chance anyway - and realigning national conferences/divisions to setup a playoff. It’s the trend going forward, nows the time to act. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1