UNL President: B1G Football Announcement To Be Made Tonight

seaofred92

Just now, GBRFAN said:

Do you know where that $50 million comes from?

Yup.  Television revenue for football.  But I actually give a crap about player health and safety, so some thing should be more important that money.  When our alumni aren't busy committing crimes and in prison, I actually enjoy watching them succeed in the NFL.  But some players who might contract this virus may never get that chance because of it.  That's why I defer this decision to the smart people in the room who are looking out for player safety.  For the time being, they are still students first (or supposed to be).  This is not an easy decision.  Just because I am frustrated without Husker football doesn't mean my opinion means anything.  I am but it doesn't.  I am ultimately not responsible, I am just a fan.  I will be a fan when they take the field next time and every time after that.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Yup.  Television revenue for football.  But I actually give a crap about player health and safety, so some thing should be more important that money.  When our alumni aren't busy committing crimes and in prison, I actually enjoy watching them succeed in the NFL.  But some players who might contract this virus may never get that chance because of it.  That's why I defer this decision to the smart people in the room who are looking out for player safety.  For the time being, they are still students first (or supposed to be).  This is not an easy decision.  Just because I am frustrated without Husker football doesn't mean my opinion means anything.  I am but it doesn't.  I am ultimately not responsible, I am just a fan.  I will be a fan when they take the field next time and every time after that.  

Why do you keep deferring to "the smart people"? You have done it twice. Are you implying nebraskans and unl alumni/students/faculty are not smart? Iirc the lead physician studying cures for the corona virus is a unl alum. The university even developed their own saliva test. So maybe walk the narrative back about leaving things to the smart people who care about health and safety and realize we have all that and more in our state and university.

Edited by desertshox
Grammar
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If this conference was a game...it would be the 11am game on ESPN back in the late 90's, the game that came on after Gameday...with no lead in, no intro, the teams already lined up to kick, stadium half full at best. 

Thanks, now I'm going to hear Beth Mowins in my head all day talking about "the Carnhuskers"

• Haha 1