UNL President: B1G Football Announcement To Be Made Tonight

seaofred92

Apparently the idea is to finish before the playoff, but would the playoff committee even consider a team that's only played eight games? I mean there's been years when a contender being in a conference without a championship game was enough to eliminate them. And if the Big Ten is effectively going to eliminate itself from contention like that, then they might as well not stop at eight games...

• Thanks 1

Once again, Nebraska (thinking we are more important than we really are) screws everything up.  Decision delayed because of the hot mic incident...FFS

Just now, Toe said:

Would the playoff committee even consider a team that's only played eight games? I mean there's been years when a contender being in a conference without a championship game was enough to eliminate them...

We played in a bowl with 5 wins.  What does it matter?

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Rochelobe said:

Sort of the same style as that psychic from years ago (Jeanne Dixon?) that would make ~100 predictions at the start of the year about celebrities, then when one or two of them would come true, crow about how great she was.

http://skepdic.com/subjectivevalidation.html

To the devoted believer, the psychic can do no wrong. If there was an error, it wasn't the psychic's fault. What may appear to be an error may not really be an error. It's possible the psychic got his or her wires crossed and mistook one spirit for another. And so on. And, as Van Praagh and Browne have often said, they're not gods and not infallible. When you're validated you're right and when you're wrong you're right. For the alleged psychic it is always a win-win with your devoted followers.

A pretty apt comparison, just replace "Van Praagh" and "Browne" with Sir Yacht and "psychic" with "inside source" :lol: and just ignore the spirit part I guess.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Once again, Nebraska (thinking we are more important than we really are) screws everything up.  Decision delayed because of the hot mic incident...FFS

We played in a bowl with 5 wins.  What does it matter?

In this hypothetical scenario, this isn't Nebraska's fault. It's the B1G's. No one forced them to delay, nor were they given good reason. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, C-4 said:

In this hypothetical scenario, this isn't Nebraska's fault. It's the B1G's. No one forced them to delay, nor were they given good reason. 

We play in a conference, in case you aren't aware.  That conference pays us approx $50 million dollars a year. The conference decided it isn't safe to play football - public health reasons.  Part of being in the conference is letting the smart people make important decisions and going along with those decisions.  There is a pandemic running amuck.  My kids' varsity sports are on hold because of a positive test.  Family members have tested positive.  I want to watch football as much as anyone, but it's stupid to think that we, Nebraska, are going to tip the scales.  The B1G doesn't owe us an explanation in this case.  It should be patently obvious.  But whatever.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

We play in a conference, in case you aren't aware.  That conference pays us approx $50 million dollars a year. The conference decided it isn't safe to play football - public health reasons.  Part of being in the conference is letting the smart people make important decisions and going along with those decisions.  There is a pandemic running amuck.  My kids' varsity sports are on hold because of a positive test.  Family members have tested positive.  I want to watch football as much as anyone, but it's stupid to think that we, Nebraska, are going to tip the scales.  The B1G doesn't owe us an explanation in this case.  It should be patently obvious.  But whatever.

Noone is buying what you are selling.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1