It's Official. We're Back.

knapplc

51 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

I have never really gave Northwestern a thought, I just knew it was an excellent educational institution with a football coach I respect.  I am slowly starting to despise some of these pompous jackasses.    

I understand that NW is highly regarded as an institution of higher learning.

But journalism is mostly dead,  and the press in the US is a disgrace.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's terribly pompous. And what, exactly, is "The Nebraska-ization of the Big Ten?" That's just some dig she threw in there with no explanation. The whole opinion piece is just her venting her spleen. She decided a while ago she wasn't even going to watch college football this year on moral grounds because of Covid. 

OK, whatever, but in that intervening time we've had some scientific discoveries that have helped make it safer to play. And she completely ignores that.

And the hyperbole of "this is the Big Ten's darkest day" is just asinine when you consider the scandals that have plagued this conference in the past 15 years. 

It's safe to say I'm not a fan of her take on all of this.

Well stated!   

I cant wait to start talking about football again.  :)

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

How do you spell 'A-hole"  I think this writer's name will do just fine  - a  Snooty,   NW U grad/instructor.   

Quoted in part below, she states this is the darkest day in the conferences history and blames it on the "Nebraska -ization" of the B1G which she then links to the Trump-ization of the B1G.  Basically wrapping us with the Trump flag.   She also blames some loud mouthed coaches - a not so veiled attack on Frost and Daley.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2020/09/16/big-ten-football-decision-marks-darkest-day/5793238002/

ALL Northwestern fans are upset.  This would have been the first undefeated season in the history of Wildcat football.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

How do you spell 'A-hole"  I think this writer's name will do just fine  - a  Snooty,   NW U grad/instructor.   

Quoted in part below, she states this is the darkest day in the conferences history and blames it on the "Nebraska -ization" of the B1G which she then links to the Trump-ization of the B1G.  Basically wrapping us with the Trump flag.   She also blames some loud mouthed coaches - a not so veiled attack on Frost and Daley.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2020/09/16/big-ten-football-decision-marks-darkest-day/5793238002/

Last week, Michigan was the new Texas, today it's Nebraska.  I like this view better.