It's Official. We're Back.

knapplc

6 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Geesh!  The whole reason we are playing is to NOT lose money while  doing it.   We could have played empty stadium fball since 9/1.  This plan likely fails.  The losses get worse, not better but we all go down with the Big Ten together!   

I don’t get why you keep harping about the money. The reason games are trying to be played is for the conference to try and get a majority of the TV money.  Without any football, the TV money is minimal.

What is your point with all of these posts about “losing money”? Can you also give a concise answer so people know what the heck you are talking about?

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, chamrocck said:

So did Desmond Howard weigh in? :rollin

38 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Ya, Desmond Howard ... you're welcome. 

Funnily enough, I did catch him on ESPN as I was making dinner last night and at one point in the interview he said 'you know another team that played a big role in this is a 5-win Nebraska team. I think they must feel they have a sneaky good team this season to have pushed so hard so they're a team worth keeping an eye out for...' blah blah blah.

Felt like classic Desmond - backtracking while trying to get a little dig in, while also completely missing the point; it is almost as if not being a pre-season championship contender makes your interest in having a football season more surprising.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
23 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's like telling your kids all of this in a matter of a month.

"Hey kids, Christmas is canceled!!"

"Hey kids, Christmas is back on!!!......but it's pushed back until February, and if things don't go 100% perfect, it will be canceled again (and that's what we are secretly want as parents).

Talladega Nights - Yay, Two Christmases! GIF | Gfycat

YEAH TWO CHRISTMASES

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, admo said:

Why would anyone get butt hurt over this (as many of you have)?  I mean, why spin it when it's a fact that THIS actually happened. 

I honestly do not really care, I just thought it was a jab and brought it up for discussion.  Freedom of speech and all, but she did kinda sound like an elitist whinny b!^@h.  :)

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Funnily enough, I did catch him on ESPN as I was making dinner last night and at one point in the interview he said 'you know another team that played a big role in this is a 5-win Nebraska team. I think they must feel they have a sneaky good team this season to have pushed so hard so they're a team worth keeping an eye out for...' blah blah blah.

It's wild how much Nebraska's prospects for this season has come up in all of this. Like if Nebraska had an awful roster, Frost - Carter - Green - Moos would just say, "Screw these kids, were not gonna play, we suck a$$ this year". 

Same goes for teams like Rutgers. I see people saying, oh Rutgers doesn't want to play, they'll go 0-9! I assure you Schiano and guys like Vedral are chomping at the bit to get back out there. 

• Plus1 6
15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It's wild how much Nebraska's prospects for this season has come up in all of this. Like if Nebraska had an awful roster, Frost - Carter - Green - Moos would just say, "Screw these kids, were not gonna play, we suck a$$ this year". 

Same goes for teams like Rutgers. I see people saying, oh Rutgers doesn't want to play, they'll go 0-9! I assure you Schiano and guys like Vedral are chomping at the bit to get back out there. 

I think it largely goes to show the value of local news/reporting over what you get from national people. Are the national guys going to be intimately aware of the economic and social impacts of not having a Husker football season in Nebraska? Probably not. So they're going to latch onto low-hanging fruit stuff like 'this must all be about how good their team is' or about 'making a statement as a young head coach with a team struggling to get over .500.'

58 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Felt like classic Desmond - backtracking while trying to get a little dig in, while also completely missing the point; it is almost as if not being a pre-season championship contender makes your interest in having a football season more surprising.

Last night I had ESPN on in the back ground while I was doing something.  I didn't catch who was on, but they started talking about Big Ten's decision to play.  They said something about OSU being able to play with a good team and "making Nebraska happy so they don't leave the conference".  When he mentioned Nebraska, it was almost in disgust.

It just pissed me off.

• Plus1 3

Just now, hskrfan4life said:

First time I can remember in my lifetime that there is actually a sense of unity with everyone at the school.

Closest thing I can think of would've been late in '07, early '08 after BP got hired. Don't remember a lot of boo birds at that time. It is nice to see everyone from top down pulling the same direction, though.

• Plus1 2